ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-02-2011, 02:05 PM

I don't know for sure until I figure out what the diamond plate would cost and the cost to have a cnc program written then the time on the plasma or laser machine. If I got 12 to 20 people who were willing to commit to about $360 plus taxes shipping etc.. I would consider it but I am not pulling thousands of dollars out of pocket if there is no demand.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:06 PM

Looks good, but I'd like to see some air vents, like the OEM's have
Old 12-02-2011, 10:55 PM

Diamond plate weighs much more, no?

Skid plates are to keep stuffs from getting jammed up in there when you nail the ground. Your gonna dent some stuff for sure in a rallyX event, just minimize ripping shit off. Well, other than the skid plate.

If you want to go full on rally. usually same deal, maybe thicker alumn. Oh, and forget your body as you will be drilling holes all over for support and odd ends.

Funny, but yes it works.
http://www.dirtyimpreza.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=17258

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 AM

Event is tomorrow so I am going out the garage to throw some black spray paint on it then check after the event to see where the paint gets worn and see if any of the hardware comes loose falls out etc. Also going to paint the bottom edge of my front end in the middle to give it the Evo X look I guess then determine whether I will put the lip back on or if its in too bad a shape out to the garbage.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:25 AM

My clips started to break after driving through all the puddles accosiated with the incredible rain we've had over the past year in Miami. Took the undertray off and now value the ability to inspect everything wthout taking that bloody thing off, clip by clip by clip. You can also tell if there is a leak much earlier because the drops would fall straight to the pavement and not on the plastic. No change in driving characteristics at all. Been 6k miles.

Take care everyone.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquachi View Post
To all you daily driving RAs. Have you found that the skid plates are fairly useless?

Drove through a 2 foot snow drift, fresh light snow, no ice, nothing hard and the skid plates tore apart...
Havent run with the undertray for 6k miles on the RA, and old EVO8 didnt have it for 150k for 178k miles i owned it. Not one issue or change concerning the vehicle's characteristics.

Take care everyone.
Old 11-24-2012, 10:52 AM

Found I was ripping my plastic under tray panels to shreds on a regular basis racing my car both off road, on track and on ice. After replacing them for the second time I looked into the cost of some sheet aluminum 3/16 thick and just used the old plastic under tray as a template. It's the best thing I have done for the car so far LOL !