ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Troubleshooting, DIY and Inst
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2011, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Frying pan method bracket is to also hold the top of the bumper under the hood.
Basically, Evo X (CZ4A) fender bracket is curved so you can heat it up & straighten it out. Hack up the bracket for clearance & fitment.
Ralliart (CY4A) I dont read Japanese.

I foresee your underpanel & wheel well guards getting eaten up by the road & wheels. :x
why dont you get aluminum panel from the evo x? It might fit. idk.
I don't read Japanese either! lol. So I contacted the seller once more and here's the bottom line.

"This bumper is not a wide body form. This bumper is for regular lancer es, gts or rall. No need to change fender or hood."

which means everything will fit, except the undertray. No need to change fenders or use frying pan method. would this eat up the underpanel and wheel well guards as well? Do you think the quality can be a lot worst than the original evo x bumper, or since it's a bumper, it shouldn't make that much of a difference?

I was thinking to get the undertray that is used for evo x, but I cant find info on how and where to get the undertray (how many pieces, what is it called). Is the evo x one originally aluminum? is it this part number? (8002A244XA) If anyone knows I'd be happy.

Thanks

Last edited by Sam; 08-12-2011 at 02:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Here's one thing you need to check for... How close the bumper sits to the radiator, frame and the actual inside bumper itself. If it fits just like a standard Lancer, you might be in trouble. The Ralliart bumper sits out further to accommodate an intercooler and IC piping. Just because it's an EvoX style bumper doesn't mean it's made for vehicles with intercoolers installed.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
why dont you get aluminum panel from the evo x? It might fit. idk.
That's a good call. If you're going to spend money, you may as well get something better then OEM.

I mentioned the APR splitter as an option. However Voltex makes an under-tray too. Also, if you search the forums, there's a few threads on how to make your own.

Blaze
Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 AM

Thanks for the posts.

APR splitter sounds like a good idea. and so is an aluminum under panel. I did a forum search and couldn't really find a DIY one, but found ones that people said they made it themselves. That would be a neat project for me to do I guess (if it's not too hard), but will take a bit of time.

Wouldn't the APR splitter be bigger than the new bumper, since it's EVO style without the larger sides (thus, not requiring larger fenders). That probably means I have to get one that fits a regular lancer.

I'm still waiting for a reply from the ebay seller to make sure the new bumper does not block or make the space of the intercooler tight. I'll get back here with the answer.

Thanks
Old 08-20-2011, 11:55 AM

I haven't heard back from the ebay seller for a while now after asking if the bumper would interfere with the intercooler. I guess there might be something sounds fishy about it. Maybe that is only designed for regular lancer and not ralliart!
Old 09-06-2011, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
I haven't heard back from the ebay seller for a while now after asking if the bumper would interfere with the intercooler. I guess there might be something sounds fishy about it. Maybe that is only designed for regular lancer and not ralliart!
I asked him the same thing. maybe he got freaked out by 2 different people asking the same question
Old 09-07-2011, 11:01 AM

Theres a vendor on evo m that sells these, ill be getting rear evo bumper for 500 shipped.

Last edited by Insane11RA; 09-07-2011 at 01:54 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:55 PM

Old 09-07-2011, 08:57 PM

wow Insane11RA, this looks good. Can you please let us know the vendor... maybe a link to it. Thanks
Old 09-07-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
wow Insane11RA, this looks good. Can you please let us know the vendor... maybe a link to it. Thanks
http://www.extremedimensions.com/13145.html

Showbits
(X) passwordJDM engine washer kit
(X) PasswordJDM delrin shift knob

Tags
bumper, evo bumper, front bumper, ralliart, ralliart bumper