ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 10-07-2010, 07:16 PM

Default JRox harness

I know you probably have this problem solved as this is an old thread but wanted to let anyone know in the future. Got my harness from jrox and my hid kit. I installed everything looking at the connections carefully before installing. The plug that goes from jrox's harness to the balast on the driver side was wrong for my ballast. If you plugged it in so it would clip together the pos and neg wouldnt match so I just plugged it in the other way.

Everything is working great and the harness is awesome. I am very happy with it now. Just a little fyi for anyone installing harness and hids. Make sure to check those pos and neg. Thanks for a great product Jrox. Made hid's possible.

Kev
Old 12-20-2010, 11:59 AM

Got a quick question, I installed hid and car flickers when on drl mode but when i turn headlight on and then turn it back to drl position they stop flickering and hid stay on, will that be a problem? Should I just buy the Jrox relay? thanks
Old 12-20-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznnightkidz View Post
Got a quick question, I installed hid and car flickers when on drl mode but when i turn headlight on and then turn it back to drl position they stop flickering and hid stay on, will that be a problem? Should I just buy the Jrox relay? thanks
what type of headlights do you have?
Old 12-20-2010, 05:43 PM

the regular non recaro package
Old 12-20-2010, 07:09 PM

Quote:
the regular non recaro package
what kind of hid kit? it might be the hid kit thats bad or you probably just need a relay wire harness
Old 12-20-2010, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyRA View Post
what kind of hid kit? it might be the hid kit thats bad or you probably just need a relay wire harness
The hid works fine. Hid flickers on drl mode(off position). when I turn on the headlights and wait 2 sec and turn it back to off position drl works without flickering. Will it shorten the lifespan of the ballast if I turn on drl after turnig on the headlights or should I get the jrox harness? Thanks in advance
Old 12-23-2010, 07:16 PM

Quote:
The hid works fine. Hid flickers on drl mode(off position). when I turn on the headlights and wait 2 sec and turn it back to off position drl works without flickering. Will it shorten the lifespan of the ballast if I turn on drl after turnig on the headlights or should I get the jrox harness? Thanks in advance
The problem is the DRL signal. The DRL signal basically runs at a lower voltage. This voltage signal does not provide enough power to fully activate the HIDs. Therefore, your HIDs will flicker and/or short out. This does cause damage to your HIDs and will lessen the lifetime of your kit.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRox View Post
The problem is the DRL signal. The DRL signal basically runs at a lower voltage. This voltage signal does not provide enough power to fully activate the HIDs. Therefore, your HIDs will flicker and/or short out. This does cause damage to your HIDs and will lessen the lifetime of your kit.
but after turning headlights on and then off, drl dont flicker or short out they stay on. i just want to know if staying on will damage the kit? thanks
Old 12-24-2010, 10:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Check this thread:

http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=1123

It seems like the harness from the company in the video allows DRL to work fine.

A couple people ordered from them so I guess we will have to wait for them to get back with us to know for sure.
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 12-25-2010, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mkid View Post
Check this thread:

http://clubralliart.com/showthread.php?t=1123

It seems like the harness from the company in the video allows DRL to work fine.

A couple people ordered from them so I guess we will have to wait for them to get back with us to know for sure.
Yea I know I ordered one, I just wanted to know if hid on drl without flicker will damage ballast.