ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-06-2011, 06:01 PM

Default to resonate or not to resonate?

so i will definitely be buying a UR cat-back in the weeks to come, but i am on the fence about a resonator.. For those of you who have heard both, is there a big difference? i want a deep, fairly loud tone that stays pretty uniform, so i'm thinking i should resonate. HELP!
Old 05-06-2011, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

If your laws are somewhat strict about modified vehicles, exhaust systems especially, it's best to go with the catback with the resonator and mini-muffler. It will still have a nice aggressive tone that isn't TOO loud but isn't as loud as the straight catback. And you'll get rid of most of the in-cabin drone.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:18 PM

Exhaust laws here are never enforced, before my RA i had a sierra with cherry bombs and never had an issue. Ive already decided i dont want the mini muff, does the resonator sound better or is it just quiter? thanks
Old 05-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

If that's the case, go without. Just get the full catback, no resonator or mini muffler.
Old 05-06-2011, 06:33 PM

i think i might, so sound quality is the same, its just the loudness thats different? and UR is not ricey at all right?
Old 05-06-2011, 08:00 PM

i have the exhaust, you cant not get the resonator. i strongly suggest it, youll regret not having it

Smoked Lights, Vortex Generator, Red Mitsu Logos, XXR 522 18x9.5 et38, Falken fk452 235/40/18, Rally Armor Mudflaps, UR Cat Back, UR High Flow Cat, UR Downpipe, Ur UICP, AMS Intercooler, Defi Racer Boost Gauge, Defi Racer Oil Temperature Gauge, Eibach Sportlines, Rexpeed CF Hood Dampers, Rexpeed A-Pillar Gauge Pod, Rexpeed CF Duckbill Lip Spoiler
Old 05-07-2011, 02:36 AM

all i can say is the louder the better! i let my wife take my car to a friends house the other day while i was working on a buddies car and i still heard her get on it from about 4 blocks away but it remains pritty mellow and a nice growl when in town cruising but im running DP and test pipe with the mini mufflers
Old 05-07-2011, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouisianaRA View Post
i think i might, so sound quality is the same, its just the loudness thats different? and UR is not ricey at all right?
I have both resonator and mini muff...it sounds like Infinity G35/37 but a bit louder and more growl compare to th G's...but if u go all straight...then it'll be louder then my setup for sure...

Since u don't have to worry about popo...just go without!!!

And no...UR is not Ricey...unless u try to put it on a vtec...then yeah...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks

Last edited by RalliNurse; 05-07-2011 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-07-2011, 08:10 PM

I have Ultimate racing complete Turbo to tail pipe exhaust and I will tell you even though I love it and I do have the resonator. Do yourself a favour and spend the extra money and get both the resonator and the midmuffler. Otherwise the drone on long trips will annoy you and piss off your passengers. I will probaby be re ordering the mid pipe with both options next year if I can get someone to buy my mid pipe with just the resonator. It sounds wicked when I am at the track and have the car in sport mode coming down the straight away at close to 200 km/hr but my kids hate being in the back with the drone because they can't hear a conversation going on in the front even with the stereo off.
Old 05-08-2011, 07:58 AM

There's a difference between loud and drone. With a straight pipe setup, you're asking for a whole lot of both. I can deal with a loud exhaust. I can't tolerate exhaust drone and trust me your passengers will suffer. I ride with family and friends a lot, so I try to be as considerate as possible.

http://clubralliart.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=35

Loud without drone:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzVrl...=youtu.be&hd=1

Tags
exhaust, resonator, ultimate racing