ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-17-2013, 07:06 PM

Default turbo xs tbe help

hi guys, so i been researching the turbo xs tbe and it turns out the exhaust has 2 versions, 1 is with cat pipe and the other is with racing pipe. Which one should i get? is there any difference in hp and sound? thx guys
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM

well lancer shop claims the cat one is 50 state legal, and turbo xs themselves said that it is false... because i still got a ticket with mine... up to you though i havent heard the race pipe
Old 07-17-2013, 07:21 PM

man that sucks, from what ive been reading this tbe is only a tad louder then stock... how'd u get a ticket?
Old 07-18-2013, 05:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touv View Post
man that sucks, from what ive been reading this tbe is only a tad louder then stock... how'd u get a ticket?

If you read somewhere that ANYONE said a TBE with hfc or test pipe was a "tad" louder than stock, then they are a "tad" retarded. Unless they were talking about just at idle (which is still a stretch), the TBE will be a good bit louder than stock, especially at WOT.
Old 07-18-2013, 06:25 PM

I have the TBE without the cat and its loud as hell! Even when I had it with their cat it was loud. As a matter of fact I got two tickets when it was catted for noise. Idk why people swear this exhaust is quite...
Old 07-19-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Ra View Post
I have the TBE without the cat and its loud as hell! Even when I had it with their cat it was loud. As a matter of fact I got two tickets when it was catted for noise. Idk why people swear this exhaust is quite...
Thanks for the input, wasnt expecting it to be so loud. I want something noticeable but didnt know it would attract the cops.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:59 PM

If you want something not horribly loud you can go with a catback and a resonated test pipe. Adds a bit of noise deadening in there without the restriction of a catalytic converter.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 07-29-2013, 09:17 PM
Regional Moderator

2.5" all the way.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mia_Ra View Post
LOL I too got a ticket for turbo back exhaust I have the stock cat cut to 3in an no resonators its louder than stock the cop made a big issue about it.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 07-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by touv View Post
Thanks for the input, wasnt expecting it to be so loud. I want something noticeable but didnt know it would attract the cops.
Or you could get a tbe with a high flow cat to stay emmissions legal, although a resonator will add extra weight it will keep it down and get two Magnaflow mufflers becuase they are not as loud as those canisters but give a nice low growl. It will cost a little extra but but save you from tickets for Noise plus provide great sound and a lil power
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member