ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralli View Post
Those being wrongfully denied warranty work due to mods needs to look up (and throw around the fact that you know about it at the dealershit) the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act.
that only covers so much. When a product is designed to do X amount and your magnusson-moss act items put you well over the designed output of the item then you have problems. i don't mean to throw this into an argument, just pointing out certain things.

now, this clearly seems to be a defective item that is mitsu's fault. Did aftermarket items accelerate the wear and cause a premature failure. thats up to mitsu to prove.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
that only covers so much. When a product is designed to do X amount and your magnusson-moss act items put you well over the designed output of the item then you have problems. i don't mean to throw this into an argument, just pointing out certain things.

now, this clearly seems to be a defective item that is mitsu's fault. Did aftermarket items accelerate the wear and cause a premature failure. thats up to mitsu to prove.
Very interesting post, the first part sounds as if you have no idea what Magnuson-Moss is all about(you dont actually have Magnuson-Moss ITEMS, it was a lawsuit against automanufacturers in '75 or '76 for not covering ANY of the warranty due to a mod that did not directly affect the part that had gone bad), OF COURSE if your aftermarket parts cause the failure you're screwed (that is why I said they needed to read it), no one said otherwise, your second paragraph essentially paraphrases it...interesting
Old 09-04-2011, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Very interesting post, the first part sounds as if you have no idea what Magnuson-Moss is all about(you dont actually have Magnuson-Moss ITEMS, it was a lawsuit against automanufacturers in '75 or '76 for not covering ANY of the warranty due to a mod that did not directly affect the part that had gone bad), OF COURSE if your aftermarket parts cause the failure you're screwed (that is why I said they needed to read it), no one said otherwise, your second paragraph essentially paraphrases it...interesting

wow, when i mentioned magnusson moss items i had assumed you would take your imagination and picture any item that would fall into that lawsuit. regardless, you got my point. i think.

and btw, i work at a dealership (non-mitsu) so i hear from the all knowing magnusson-moss preachers. We won't turn this into a pissing match via the interwebby. jsutw anted to toss in my 2 cents and i completed that. didn't mean to turn the thread ina bad direction.

Last edited by The Bullet; 09-04-2011 at 12:06 AM.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:05 AM

Um sure, I got YOUR point, lmao.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Um sure, I got YOUR point, lmao.
ok............
Old 09-04-2011, 05:59 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bullet View Post
ok............
Dude, don't sweat it just let it go. Not worth it. I completely understood what you said and I'm sure other members did too, it's not that difficult to figure out and doesn't require a bunch of bullshit from someone else either.
Old 09-04-2011, 08:42 AM

Dude if he actually made a point I might agree with him but what he said was in no way any type of point. Magnuson-Moss (which occurred in the States so it probably does'nt apply to you) is designed to protect us from auto manufacturers not covering broken parts even if you have mods SO LONG AS the mods are not what actually CAUSED the failure. MY POINT was if you're being screwed over by the dealer you should look into that case and see if it can help you. What he said added nothing. So if you and other members "completely understood his point" I would love it if you explained to me what he said that was in anyway helpful to you beyond what I said. BTW, there was no "bullshit" from me, I was just trying to help so you can ______________________ (fill in the blank however you feel necessary)

You know what, Ive given it a little thought and I dont give a fuck about it. Like I said, I was trying to help but I dont have a timing chain failure so until I do Im not worried about it. So if there was any point at all to his post, I dont give a rats ass. I do not see it in any shape or form but if I have to hear more bullshit from anybody Im not interested either. This is getting dragged off topic from my suggestion of trying Magnuson-Moss if you're getting screwed because you have mods to an issue of...what Magnuson-Moss covers? Maybe? Im not sure, but in any case its not fair to those who started the thread so I'll be the adult here and bow out of this childish crap. Good luck to those with failures I hope my suggestion might help atleast one of you.

Last edited by Ralli; 09-04-2011 at 09:09 AM. Reason: bullshit from those who dont understand something and from those it does'nt even cover
Old 09-04-2011, 09:13 AM

Interesting post. Quite informing..

If you have Megan coilovers and are having issues, read into Megan's law at www.meganslaw.com.

Lastly, my timing chain was stretched 1.24358947% and i had a prototype FP BB and Mitsu covered my chain

zeRep
Old 09-04-2011, 11:20 AM

i'm curious as to when the new block was introduced. seems to me they changed it due to this issue.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:35 AM

Bump.

Any updates on this thread? I'm thinking of proactively swinging by a dealer to have the chain stretch value checked. I'd have my independent shop do it, but they don't have the MUT III tool