ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-06-2010, 04:08 PM

Default Ralliart 5k rpm hard launch!!!

Hey guys i have an 09 Rotor Glow Ralliart i just wanted to share my experience with you guys on how i launch my Ralliart and how great success i have in doing so. I first (from a complete stop and with room ahead of me) hold down the ASC button for 3 sec so it says ASC off on the dash, Then I click it into Sport mode, then put the car in neutral rev it up to around 4-5k Rpm's (Ive done it higher but it doesn't work as well) so about 4500k Rpm's has worked best for me, Try to hold it there, Then drop it into Drive and floor it at the same time. I was a little unsure about trying it at first but it launches very smooth and very well (way better than power braking) I've done it many times now so your first time will be no problem. I have a vid of me doing it Message me back let me know what you think...
Type in TuQwik4u on Youtube and check out my RA in action... Here is me doing is from only 3500 Rpm's, it is a lot better from 5k but here it is. Please comment. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTejHisbIJo

Last edited by Tuqwik4u; 04-25-2010 at 11:16 PM. Reason: Forgot something.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator

I was wondering about that awhile back.
Since I dont have the kind of money for repair, I've never tried it.
Sounds like fun til Clutches fails... I do wonder how durable TC-SST is..
WORKS Ralliart Engine died before TC-SST so... Its should be ok?
But rule of thumb is Hard Driving = Short Mechanical life.

Vid please.
Old 01-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Administrator

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but without a "launch mode." The steps you've described are going to shorten the life of your transmission....

I wonder if SSP would have some suggestions as to the most ideal way to launch the car that would maximize performance and safety. There might even be a flash to unlock "launch mode."
Old 01-06-2010, 05:01 PM

Default 5k Launch

It prolly will just shorted the life of the clutches cuz it rides them a little then launches crazy...It acts just like a reg. awd stick launch with out it i would have lost to most of the people i have raced who are making more power than me i am 100% stock beat Sti's, Evo's with proof too i love the launch...
Old 01-06-2010, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
I was wondering about that awhile back.
Since I dont have the kind of money for repair, I've never tried it.
Sounds like fun til Clutches fails... I do wonder how durable TC-SST is..
WORKS Ralliart Engine died before TC-SST so... Its should be ok?
But rule of thumb is Hard Driving = Short Mechanical life.

Vid please.
It doesn't sound like Works was every launching their Ralliart. From what I saw, it was mostly track and rally usage.
Old 01-06-2010, 07:24 PM

I hate to say it but neutral drops are HORRIBLE on your trans. You are still engaging the clutches on the TC-SST and building lots of heat the longer u do it (TC-SSTs worst nightmare). Launching the car is a very violent act on any transmission and will do permanent damage, more damage the more times u do it. Look at the Nissan GT-R that also has a twin clutch trans, it comes with launch control and originally the dealers said if u turn it off you automatically void warranty. Then there was an insane amount of blown trannys from the GT-R($20k a pop) in the first few months and guess what they were caused by, yup launching. So Nissan is saying that in either the 2010 or 2011 model of the GT-R that they will no longer have launch control which from articles I read cuts their 0-60 time from 3.2 down to 3.9. I don't know bout u but I don't got $10k sitting around to buy a new TC-SST when it blows up.
Old 01-07-2010, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brads09lancerRA View Post
I hate to say it but neutral drops are HORRIBLE on your trans. You are still engaging the clutches on the TC-SST and building lots of heat the longer u do it (TC-SSTs worst nightmare). Launching the car is a very violent act on any transmission and will do permanent damage, more damage the more times u do it.

I don't know bout u but I don't got $10k sitting around to buy a new TC-SST when it blows up.
Actually, I agree with most of what you said except for TC still engaged on "Neutral"..
Old 01-07-2010, 07:03 PM

But you at least have to try it once!
Old 01-07-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
Actually, I agree with most of what you said except for TC still engaged on "Neutral"..
The TC-SST clutches are actually still slightly engaged whenever the engine is revved even when in nuetral since our car is not a torque converter based auto.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:38 AM

Send a message via AIM to EricJ@AMS

I doubt they are engaged when in neutral. They aren't even engaged when in drive and your foot on the brake. The clutches are electronically controlled and they are disengaged whenever not needed to save on idle fuel economy.

Hell this method could possibly be easier on the clutches than foot braking since you aren't slipping the clutches for 3 seconds. I don't think I'll be the one to test this theory though. I certainly don't have the $7500 to dish out for a new transmission.