ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2014, 08:00 PM

Default Aftermarket upgrades help

Hello, I recently just bought a 2014 Lancer Ralliart kind of a newbie on car parts too so now I was just wondering with all of these brands for the aftermarket upgrade parts, I am torn with all of them. So I'm asking for any advice on what parts should I get for these (and I prefer the exact fitment for the ralliart) Not planning on lowering the car too.

FMIC
UICP
LICP (do i have to upgrade this too?)
Blow off valve (this has to be replaced, i kinda dont like the plastic one in the ralliart)
Intake system (does this need to be replaced too?)
Exhaust system
Rims (what is the exact size of the stock ralliart rims and what size should I get for an aftermarket rim?)

Any tips or advices will be kindly appreciated, thank you!

Last edited by muraki; 10-11-2014 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:48 PM
Regional Moderator

My op, for the price id just go OEM evo x stuff on the fmic, licp, uicp and bov. I personally went with evo x MR rims, cuz they look sick and weigh less.. I also got a 3" ETs intercooler, but in all honesty its not that much better than the X version, but it doesnt eat as many bugs, so it will work better longer and last longer. Ive tried about a dozen BOVs on my speed 6 and the best aftermarket one was the turbosmart, but its also not that much better considering the cost.. An intake is useless on our cars as it actually loses HP, unless youre running a big turbo.. Ive tried 4 exhausts for my RA so far, several 3" ones, modified stock etc.. And the 3" ones screw with the power band by pushing it up. I finally settled on a custom 2.5" magnaflow. That was like $350 and its easily the best for this car ive tried so far.. most places will try to sell you on a name brand 3" but thats pricy and scrapes.. So id skip it..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 10-12-2014, 03:58 PM

does it need some adjustments when getting the FMIC from the evo to the ralliart? i want the MR rims but i dont like the fender rolling idea, just trying to keep everything the same.

and also, is the turbosmart recirculating? i've been hearing from a lot of people that our car needs a recirculating BOV, is that true?
Old 10-13-2014, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muraki View Post
does it need some adjustments when getting the FMIC from the evo to the ralliart? i want the MR rims but i dont like the fender rolling idea, just trying to keep everything the same.

and also, is the turbosmart recirculating? i've been hearing from a lot of people that our car needs a recirculating BOV, is that true?
No stock x fmic will fit without an issue, the x licp on another hand needs some man handling. But it also fits after a few tries.

I would go with this: http://www.dsgperformance.com/Synchr...X-Specific-Kit
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 10-15-2014, 11:22 AM

Quote:
? i've been hearing from a lot of people that our car needs a recirculating BOV, is that true?
Yes.

Why wouldn't you want to use as much PSI as possible?

Unless you have A HUGE turbo and your car cant handle all that PSI then you NEED to vent some into the atmos.

I recommend running an Evo X BOV or an EVO IX BOV. Both are metal BOV.
It is said that unless you have an aftermarket turbo an aftermarket BOV isnt really needed.
You would replace the RA BOV simply because plastic is weak and prone to
leaking...

zeRep
Old 10-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Regional Moderator

Quote:

Fender rolling is no big desl just find somebody whos done it.

The turbosmart runs both ways and has adjustable pressure.. So you can run it either way. .

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 10-27-2014, 03:16 PM

are u looking to buy an exhaust? i have one im selling its a full turbo back exhaust from Ultimate racing