ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-13-2009, 09:40 AM

Default Boshart Engineering

Did anyone else receive a mailing from Boshart Engineering? They claim to be contracted by Mitsubishi Research and Development in order to acquire data from the OBD-II system in compliance with CARB regulation 1968.2(j)(3).

They are offering money to let them collect data. They say that they will come to your home or business, and that the data collection will not alter or harm the vehicle.

The two requirements are that the vehicle could not have had its ECM replaced or reflashed and the Check Engine Light cannot have illuminated or flashed during normal driving.

This is a link to the company's website:

http://www.boshartengineering.com/Public/Home/index.cfm
Old 11-13-2009, 11:32 AM

I received it, which is too bad because my ECU is flashed...
Old 11-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah I dont wanna flash it back stock for $50.00 maybe for $500.00
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! muahahahah
Old 11-13-2009, 12:59 PM

Well, they said $110 in my letter, and it looked like it could never have been flashed/reflashed at any point. Mine is still bone stock and has never been flashed, so I'm thinking, why not? This will get me $50 from a tactrix cable and a reflash.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladogaboy View Post
Well, they said $110 in my letter, and it looked like it could never have been flashed/reflashed at any point. Mine is still bone stock and has never been flashed, so I'm thinking, why not? This will get me $50 from a tactrix cable and a reflash.
Yeah, Why not? DEW IT! Make that FREE money! lol
Old 11-13-2009, 02:22 PM

Tell them to call me. I could use some extra money and I haven't done anything to mine yet. Not sure how much data they want, mine only has 1500 miles on it.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:11 PM

I think you can just contact them through their website, though they seem to be based in Southern California. I'm not sure if they will be willing to make a trip up to the Bay Area.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I just got the letter I think they'll go anywhere to collect data. They're (Mitsu) planning on turnin Gas into Electric Motors, Hybrids, etc. Thats what Im hearing about Mitsu is going green. Including all high performance cars are going "Green".

I want the money but I dont want to lie for $100.00 and having to reflash back to stock. Waste of my time and money. I want to but it doesnt make sense dollar to dollar. I would do it if my RA wasnt flashed/tuned.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:58 PM
Administrator

If anyone follows up with this, please post the results. I always worry about those letters...that they are possibly scams or something. I'm not saying they are, but I also worry about how my vehicle will be treated outside my control.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:03 AM

It is legit. The EPA requires manufacturers to certify through third party testing firms that their emissions equipment works in the real world down the road. It is one thing to push something by on the drawing board two years ago when they designed your RalliArt. It is another to be sure it all works on the road later on. A few manufacturers have been busted for fudging things.

If you do this, the car should be completely stock. It isnt fair to Mitsubishi to skew the results. This is important, we all want them to survive through this mess. On one hand, anyone that has been tuned could easily be flashed back to stock. We do it for free for our customers. But then again.. anyone that got tuned would pretty much for sure have other parts that would need to go back stock. Lots of work for $50.

Bottom line, if you are bone stock, you can help MMSA and make $50.

Mike W