ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-19-2013, 12:29 PM

Default Strange behavior, please help

The car has a strange behavior (I would call it criminal) but the garage says is normal. I'm in D, foot on the brake pedal. When I want to go and I press the gas pedal, the car starts to move BUT QUITE SLOW, no matter how much I press the gas pedal. It takes up to 2 seconds till the car realize what I want and gives me the power I request.
Are your cars behaving the same?

P.S.: I have an ELM dongle and I have installed the Torque on my phone so I can check the throttle and few other params. The throttle sensor seems to work fine and is responsive, the funny thing about it is that its minimum is at 11% and its max is at 88%.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:50 PM

Are you tuned or running a stock map?

What year is your car? You may have the 1st gear TPS limiter still on the ECU. Also, on the stock ECU mapping the TC-SST is really slow to transfer power and give you what you want.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 08-19-2013, 02:28 PM

The car is from 04.2011 and is 100% stock (except tires and stereo). Is that TPS limiter something which can be removed by the garage or that is something I will have it solved once I'll run on custom maps? I'm asking this because the car is under warranty till June next year.
Old 08-19-2013, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty View Post
The car has a strange behavior (I would call it criminal) but the garage says is normal. I'm in D, foot on the brake pedal. When I want to go and I press the gas pedal, the car starts to move BUT QUITE SLOW, no matter how much I press the gas pedal. It takes up to 2 seconds till the car realize what I want and gives me the power I request.
Are your cars behaving the same?

P.S.: I have an ELM dongle and I have installed the Torque on my phone so I can check the throttle and few other params. The throttle sensor seems to work fine and is responsive, the funny thing about it is that its minimum is at 11% and its max is at 88%.
Are you in Normal mode? Manual or auto?

Does it have the same symptoms in Sport mode?
Old 08-19-2013, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Are you in Normal mode? Manual or auto?

Does it have the same symptoms in Sport mode?
It doesn't matter manual or auto, normal or sport, it refuses to provide the power.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:03 PM

I'd try unplugging your torque app thing. That might be giving you some oddness. If it keeps doing it, take it to the dealer and complain.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 08-19-2013, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
I'd try unplugging your torque app thing. That might be giving you some oddness. If it keeps doing it, take it to the dealer and complain.
I have the car since June, and I have plugged the ELM dongle in yesterday, so the car ran for at least 2 months without it. The car was in the shop about 3 times so far, and they keep telling me that this behavior is normal, it is because of the tranny. The guy tried to explain that the tranny doesn't know which gear to select and needs a second to "think" and anyway it is slow in shifting gears. I just turned around and left the dealership, this kind of brownstuff I don't take, especially when I'm quite experienced when it comes to car mechanics.
Old 08-23-2013, 05:27 PM

our cars will alwaya have this. Its turbo lag. this is the time it takes for the turbo to spool up. without the turbo our cars engine is pretty much useless lol
Old 08-24-2013, 02:50 PM

yup i get turbo lag too. I can press on the pedal and the rpms go up by 500-1000 then it kicks in as the turbo spools. sounds normal.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Regional Moderator

List your mods, some help with lag, some hurt.