ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 11-30-2010, 07:48 AM

Default Supercharged 4g69

We have taken off the turbo in order to tune the Ripp Mods Supercharger kit for the 4g69 Lancer Ralliart 2004-2006 inclusive.

The kit originally consisted of a supplemental injection system and a piggyback. We took the system removed the supplemental injection fitted it with 4 550cc injectors and since we as a company have the ability to tune the ecu for boost we did so. The results are night and day in comparison. I shot a short vid of the charger and the prototype piping there were a few different configurations so I know its not pretty but the finished product is and once we upgrade the to the new self contained charger i will get a vid of that as well.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFU8eDj7Ouo
Old 11-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the club.
Great Job with SC on 4g69
8psi is not much of a boost.
Can you crank up the boost to like 24psi?
Old 11-30-2010, 10:40 AM

The crank can handle up to 600 its not much different than the EVO of its year actually the EVO 8-9 rods and bearings are a direct swap. It is the upper motor that cant handle the boost keep in mind the stock compression is higher as well. We tuned a turbo 4g69 and at 10psi the head was lifting off the block, after head bolts and a gasket the car made 316whp and 318wtq on 12psi. The 4g69 has alot of potential but there is very little out there aftermarket for it. We are doing our best to put this platform on the back on the map.

I have been here for about a year now but I have to admit i lost the site but now its bookmarked.

I posted this vid of my car when it had a turbo....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhJdNsc-sWc

Again it was running 8psi with the turbo. Until the bottom and upper gets built is not safe do run anything higher.

Thanks for the welcome....I hope there are more older Ralliarts that come in here....great cars.......

Last edited by wolverineottawa; 11-30-2010 at 10:45 AM.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:47 PM

Welcome to the club.

Great work on the old Ralliart. I had one of those before my current ralliart and really wanted to do forced induction. That engine really has proved itself to me.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:27 AM

Thanks,

We went through 5 piggy backs with that car and none worked long term. Once my business partner cracked the ecu and was able to tune it that's when the car really took shape.

Now that we can tune the ecu it spawned us in the direction of making this a commercial application.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:25 PM

I have been considering letting my 2004 ralliart go since I have my truck now, but hate to do it because it has been a hell of a fun car to me. I was thinking if there was just more aftermarket for it I would keep it for a project. I wanted light weight and a supercharger, but i thought rippmods quit selling thiers. Finding your post gives me hope again; are you selling the kit that you are working on? Or are you selling only the ECU tune?
Old 12-17-2010, 04:59 PM

Actually we (RIPP and us) are planning a group buy in early spring for lancers and the Eclipse. PM if you want to be on the email list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beta107 View Post
I have been considering letting my 2004 ralliart go since I have my truck now, but hate to do it because it has been a hell of a fun car to me. I was thinking if there was just more aftermarket for it I would keep it for a project. I wanted light weight and a supercharger, but i thought rippmods quit selling thiers. Finding your post gives me hope again; are you selling the kit that you are working on? Or are you selling only the ECU tune?
Old 01-11-2011, 09:24 AM

Sorry, It's taken me a while to reply but I did send you a PM. I see you have added the group buy thread should I sign up on there too. I also noticed no one else is on there, but if the group buy doesn't go through I still may be interested even if it's a tuner kit and having to have a few things fabricated to finish it off. I just really liked that charger they previously offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverineottawa View Post
Actually we (RIPP and us) are planning a group buy in early spring for lancers and the Eclipse. PM if you want to be on the email list.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:23 AM

I did not get a PM??? once we are done with the system that in on the car now it will be for sale. Only reason I am not keeping it is we did a custom turbo before the RIPP kit. Here is my email [email protected] if you are interested in the kit.
Old 03-04-2011, 08:12 AM

Nice work man, I wish someone with a modified RA would live near me, only seen 2 and they were both stockers