ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tuning and Tech
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2011, 04:11 PM

Default I need mad help plz

So ive tired to look up as much as i could but i still feel a bit stupid on the whole tuning processes. So can anyone tell me
what the best tune is?
What you have?
How much was the total?
Old 05-09-2011, 04:22 PM

Best tune is always a custom tune for your specific car. I use the cobb to hold my tunes because I have 2 a 91 and a 100. The debate that people try to give is that street tune is better because you drive on the street. Well I have had both and let me tell you I love the dyno tune. With a dyno you are able to see more info and make correction accordingly which is also faster than trying to drive around to find a road to speed down so you can get perameters. My experience was this I went to an awesome guy know for street tunes and he did a good job. But I still wanted to see what it would dyno so I took it to a good dyno tuner and he was able to pick up another 20awhp and about 30awtq over my street tune. And cost for my street tune was 500 and took 2 days cost of my dyno tune was 200hr I think and I got 2 maps in 2 hours. So should of been 400 but because I was coming back to get other things installed he cut me a break and only charged 300. Well that's my story lol do with it what you will and good luck any way you go
Old 05-09-2011, 05:57 PM

I also agree with the dyno tune as that was the way I went as well. I paid a little less than $400 and it was well worth it. You have many choices of tuners in your area just call and get a price.

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 PM

My advice would be to decide what you want out of your car first and decide what parts are going to cost and how long it will take for each phase of your build and when you should budget for your tune. You don't want to have to come up with money for a tune everytime you change something. So give it some thought and post some more questions first before jumping on the I want a tune now bandwagon. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
My advice would be to decide what you want out of your car first and decide what parts are going to cost and how long it will take for each phase of your build and when you should budget for your tune. You don't want to have to come up with money for a tune everytime you change something. So give it some thought and post some more questions first before jumping on the I want a tune now bandwagon. Just my 2 cents.
Absolutely true. It took me like six months to figure out exactly what parts I wanted and how well the different parts worked together. I went through three different forums looking at what others did and what gave the best numbers then contacted different vendors for the best price. After getting the important parts (Intercooler, exhaust, UICP, LICP, BPV, intake, & boost control solenoid) I install everything but the BCS & intake then took to the tuner where he installed parts & did a boost leak then tuned the car on the dyno. It took me a long time and a lot of reading but its well worth all of it in the end. I didnt change the cat but I plan on doing it soon but the tunning fee is cheaper the second time around when you just add small parts.

D2 Racing USA
R1Concepts
Avant Garde Wheels

Avant Garde F142 Wheels 18x10.5 D2 Racing Air Suspension R1Concepts Drilled/Slotted Rotors Kit Unnwerke Fender Flares Rexpeed Carbon Fiber JDP Carbon Fiber Lip CBRD Rad Lite Turbo AMS Single Exhaust, Intercooler, & UICP Boostin Performance High Flow Cat Ultimate Racing Intake, Down Pipe & LICP