ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-24-2013, 04:04 PM

Default Maintenance Light

So, I turn my car on this morning and I get a wrench icon with scheduled maintenance required.

I have about 1k miles till my oil change, according to the sticker from the dealer.

Is it possible that the dealer didn't change the oil? or perhaps not properly reset the computer.

Is it ok to drive until the next oil change cycle without issues?

Thanks in advance guys
Old 07-24-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
So, I turn my car on this morning and I get a wrench icon with scheduled maintenance required.

I have about 1k miles till my oil change, according to the sticker from the dealer.

Is it possible that the dealer didn't change the oil? or perhaps not properly reset the computer.

Is it ok to drive until the next oil change cycle without issues?

Thanks in advance guys
could be this "or perhaps not properly reset the computer." Happens to me sometimes. It will be ok to drive until the next oil change cycle
Old 07-24-2013, 05:44 PM

I'm pretty sure it always comes on with about 1,000 miles left on the counter. If you click through the info, you can see the countdown. It may just read "--" now, but keep an eye on it next time, and it should do it again about 1,000 miles soon. It's kind of like how the gas warning comes on with 30 miles left, and then it just shows "--" miles left.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:01 PM

If your dealer is like mine, then they don't set the maintenance counter to align with the oil change mileage. Just recently I had mine come up a few hundred miles before the next scheduled oil change. The beep and display on the HUD when the car first starts got to be too much for me to handle.

Thankfully you can change that if you'd like. I found this on a separate forum posted courtesy of user "05SubTecInt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05SubTecInt
Guys/Gals,
This is posted over on MitsubishiForum.com where I am a member.
It is for the Outlander, (which I own), but I think it would also work
on the Lancer as well.
I deactivated mine completely.
Hope this helps !!!
Russ

Some useful info fromthe service manual - here is how to reset your Service Reminder, Change the Maintenance Schedule (factory default is 6 months/7,500 miles but those of us requiring the "Severe Maintenance" schedule can change it as outlined below), or inactivate it altogether:

HOW TO CANCEL THE SERVICE REMINDER WARNING

1. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.
2. By operating the meter information switch, the warning period is displayed on the multi information display.
3. Press the meter information switch once for 1.2 seconds or longer.
4. The service reminder indicator flashes.
5. While the service reminder indicator flashes, press the meter information switch once for less than 1.2 seconds.
6. The service reminder indicator is turned ON, and "CLEAR" is displayed on the multi-information display for 3 seconds.
7. After "CLEAR" is displayed for 3 seconds, the warning period to the next time is displayed.

HOW TO SET THE SCHEDULE
1. Turn the ignition switch to the "OFF" position.
2. By operating the meter information switch, the warning period is displayed on the multi information display.
3. Press the meter information switch once for 1.2 seconds or longer.
4. The service reminder indicator flashes.
5. While the service reminder indicator flashes, press the meter information switch 3 times consecutively for 1.2 seconds or longer.
6. The service reminder indicator is turned ON, and the current schedule is displayed on the multi information display.
7. While the current schedule is displayed, press the meter information switch 3 times consecutively for less than 1.2 seconds.
8. The multi information display is shifted to the schedule selection mode.
9. When the meter information switch is pressed for less than 1.2 seconds, the schedule is shifted, and when the switch is pressed for 1.2 seconds or longer, the displayed schedule is set.
10. The schedule set in Step 9 is displayed for 3 seconds, and the warning period to the next time is displayed.

ScheduleWarning types Warning criteria
NAS 10 (initial setting) Elapsed time (month) Every 6 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles) Every 7,500 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 12,000 km of driving distance

NAS 11 Elapsed time (month) Every 3 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles)Every 3,750 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 6,000 km of driving distance

NAS 20 Elapsed time (month) Every 5 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles) Every 5,000 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 8,000 km of driving distance

NAS 21 Elapsed time (month) Every 4 elapsed months
Driving distance (miles) Every 3,750 miles of driving distance
Driving distance (km) Every 6,000 km of driving distance

HOW TO INACTIVATE THE SERVICE REMINDER
FUNCTION

By setting to "OFF Display" or "Function OFF" when the schedule is set, the service reminder function can be inactivated.

When "OFF Display" is selected
_ Even when the check warning period is reached, the service reminder display is not displayed.
_ Even if the service reminder screen is displayed by the meter information switch
operation, "OFF" is displayed.

When "Function OFF" is selected
_ Even when the check warning period is reached, the service reminder display is not displayed.
_ Even with the meter information switch operation, the service reminder screen is not displayed.

Last edited by Mr. Phoenix; 07-24-2013 at 06:06 PM.