ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-25-2010, 03:57 PM

Default meth injection

Considering getting a Meth Injection kit for my RA anyone have any positive/negative feedback?
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 PM

Meth mostly gives you a hp benefit from being able to turn up the boost higher. But with the stock RalliArtr turbo, I find the hp limit to be the turbo its self just not being able to flow more air regardless of the boost.

I was testing some octane booster on a car for a local company and used a RalliArt. I was able to add 9 additional degrees of ignition advance to a tune before it started knocking. But the power only increased 2-3 hp. The poor liittle turbo is just tapped out.

On an EVO X I see about 40 hp from a meth injection kit. Usually we install AEM kits. Their basic 5 gallon kit is ~$395 right now. I will be putting an AEM kit on our shop car, but it will be getting a bigger turbo too.

Reliability on any of these kits is mostly reliant upon the install. Securely mounting the tank. Making sure the lines and wires run are done well so that they dont rub through anything. All the wiring done well. The spray nozzle installed securely. You are installing and connecting parts from one end of the car to the other.

Mike W