ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-30-2013, 01:33 AM

Exclamation ***Recall # C1311W***

NEWLY ISSUED RECALL DEC 19, 2013. It affects 08-14 Evo, 09-14 Ralliart, and 09-11 Ralliart Sportback. All cars built before Sept 25 2013. It has to do with TQ limit threshold. ERROR CODE P061A and P1241!! This has happened to me and "sk13322". Pass the word!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EvoDoc1.jpg (152.4 KB, 119 views)

Last edited by Nast_Nas; 12-30-2013 at 01:35 AM. Reason: info
Old 12-30-2013, 11:28 AM

Thanks for the heads up on this one!
Old 12-30-2013, 01:43 PM

Called the local dealer, they said it lowers TQ. He said it was a de-tune, and that 9-10 evo/ralliart owners pass on it.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dews323 View Post
Called the local dealer, they said it lowers TQ. He said it was a de-tune, and that 9-10 evo/ralliart owners pass on it.
What you mean by 9-10 evo/ra owners pass on it?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 12-30-2013, 02:10 PM

What will this fix do?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 12-30-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
What you mean by 9-10 evo/ra owners pass on it?
Basicly they don't go in to do the re call since its a de-tune or they "pass" on it. The guy at the dealership basicly said its lowers TQ at lower RPMS. He said Mitsubishi just wants the transmissions to "last longer", and they figure lowering the TQ will do so.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:20 PM

The bad news is it might take a bite out of the bottom end torque. The good news is, it should help cut down on slippage and heat generated with launching from a dead stop.

Bottom line is car might be a little slower, but have transmission last longer?

You don't need to get this done if you don't want to. But if you have no intention of modding your car and would like some piece of mind in regards to the transmission and warranty etc.. then maybe this is for you.

We won't know until we do some testing. Someone would need to record some track times then get update done and go back to same track under similar conditions and record some new times and see what the difference is or maybe no difference.

I would be curious to find out if this is an engine ECU reprogram only or is some TCU AKA Transmission ECU reprogramming necessary.

Last edited by Jackal; 12-30-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2013, 08:50 PM

Ah I see now

Tuned by TJ
Old 01-01-2014, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I would be curious to find out if this is an engine ECU reprogram only or is some TCU AKA Transmission ECU reprogramming necessary.
ECU only. Dealership just did this to me. I'll be spending new year's day putting my car back to stock. It's throwing an SES for Mass Airflow Sensor which I'm not sure if it's because they dislodged the airbox or if it's from the aftermarket BPV and boost pill.

Transmission shifts very sluggish but smooth right now. It feels like I'm driving a real automatic. That might change once I get the car back to stock and everything is running properly.

If it's true that this is just lowering low end torque to protect the SST I'm totally getting rid of this car at 60k miles when the warranty is up. If Mitsu has that little faith in the SST that they need a factory recall to try to protect it I'm going back to driving a stick. I love the car, but at only 30k miles it's already been a headache. It's not like I even take my car to the track, I just like to engage in a little occasional spirited driving, but I don't want to fight with another manufacturer like I did with Chrysler.
Old 01-25-2014, 04:34 PM

I wonder if this is what happened to my car. A warning flashed up, limp mode kicked in, and the SES light came on. I pulled over, turned the car off, turned it back on, and I had power again, but the SES light stayed on. It was still on 24 hours later when I checked it. I took the car for a short ride, and it stayed on but no limp mode. Then this morning I changed my air filter back to the stock one, and the light turned off. I took the car for a decent drive and nothing went wrong. I never got a chance to get the code read. I'm not sure if I still can or not now that it's cleared. I had been assuming it was an issue with the MAF sensor, and maybe the snow, ice, and freezing temperatures.

I know this doesn't really mean anything, but the report almost makes it sound like they're changing the permitted torque threshold (assumingly higher) before the light kicks in instead of lowing the torque of the car. I would like it if this update made my car not have this issue again, but I definitely don't want them de-tuning the thing for less torque.

Tags
p061a, p1241, recall