ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 08-28-2015, 11:57 AM

Looks like zerep85 having too much joy
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-28-2015, 03:23 PM

So how many miles/Km on the RA? this is very unfortunate
Road Race Engineering here in SoCal suggest that if you're going to flush the tranny, to do it with the SSTF-1, making it a really, really expensive flush. Not that this is any help to you now

Last edited by HENRYBEAST; 08-28-2015 at 03:34 PM.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
A lot of people have flushed their tranny with mineral oil prior to using the diaqueen..

Kozmic has even suggested it!

zeRep

Kozmic....? isn't that the shop who's Ralliart ran out of coolant during a race and overheated?
Old 08-28-2015, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HENRYBEAST View Post
So how many miles/Km on the RA? this is very unfortunate
Road Race Engineering here in SoCal suggest that if you're going to flush the tranny, to do it with the SSTF-1, making it a really, really expensive flush. Not that this is any help to you now
Thats how I flushed my SST. But didnt used a whole gallon. Used about a quater of it. Same thing with engine oil change.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-28-2015, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
A lot of people have flushed their tranny with mineral oil prior to using the diaqueen..

Kozmic has even suggested it!

zeRep
Kozmic is Kingpin of SST expertise. My future shop for SST build.

Tuned by TJ
Old 09-02-2015, 06:12 AM

Jackal, sorry to read about your unfortunate experience, but thank you for letting the community know about the dangers of a mineral oil flush.

I was skeptical as to how safe it would be to use, and it appears that skepticism was well founded.

Old 09-04-2015, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

zeRep85 and others...

Quit being f*ckheads. Regardless of what Jackal does to his car, this is a build thread, not a bash thread. If you want to bash, take it Off Topic. Grow the f*ck up, guys.
Old 09-05-2015, 08:00 AM

So Jackal have you found out what the total damage is? Are you planning on rebuilding while your in it? If so are you going to "beef it up" at all?
Old 09-24-2015, 04:37 PM

Just picked up a used SST Transmission out of a 2014 Ralliart with only 14,000 km on it for $3100 Canadian Dollars. With our dollar the way it is, it simply was not worth looking in the states for one, never mind having to pay duty, shipping, taxes, brokerage fees etc..

I am parking the car soon, so I will formulate a plan in the spring. I am thinking of driving all the way down to Texas to have Kosmic Motorsports rebuild the transmission and tune the car at the same time. I have had some great input from them as Eric and I have been emailing back and forth.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
Just picked up a used SST Transmission out of a 2014 Ralliart with only 14,000 km on it for $3100 Canadian Dollars. With our dollar the way it is, it simply was not worth looking in the states for one, never mind having to pay duty, shipping, taxes, brokerage fees etc..

I am parking the car soon, so I will formulate a plan in the spring. I am thinking of driving all the way down to Texas to have Kosmic Motorsports rebuild the transmission and tune the car at the same time. I have had some great input from them as Eric and I have been emailing back and forth.
That's great news, very low mileage tranny ad good price