ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-24-2010, 09:13 PM

i'd say drop in filter and TBE OTS map would be the bee's knee's
Old 02-18-2010, 01:30 PM

I can still use stage one with the hi flow cat right?
Old 03-07-2010, 08:13 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to Sakura09

I have an AP ver2 for my hybrid EJ257/EJ205(H) swapped 2003 Impreza and it is convenient as hell when it comes to tuning, data-logging, etc... plus the E-readouts on AFR, Oil press, etc are nice too.

Not trying to tout the product as the end all be all in tuning products but it is user friendly, great customer support from COBB, and will adapt to any change you make to your car so long as you know how to use the tuning software associated with COBB's AP.

The OTS maps to my knowledge use non-specific relatively conservative tunes to get the power numbers they create. This is so that person X in WA doesn't get Det or CEL when person Y in SOCAL is perfectly fine. Or the other way around. If you pro-tune with an AP you can achieve better numbers and still retain the convenience of the AP based on your mods. However, you should not rely on the OTS maps to further cover any mods you have made beyond what the OTS map calls for. IE TBE + BOV + FMIC will not have their full potential realized with the AP stg 1 OTS map it may even make the car slower. Just my $.02

P.S. I'm a RA nublette but been in the Subaru world for some time now so if I missed the mark completely with this one /sorry in advance

2003 WRB RA STI
2009 WW RALLIART

Last edited by Sakura09; 03-07-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:04 PM

k right now i have a 3in straight to magnaflow and im getting a intake soon, evo intercooler, and EvoX turbo later, but need to know should i get a custom street tune for my car when I get the AP while i just have the magnaflow and intake in or should i wait and get everything installed and street tune it. Also do i need to street tune it or will AP ever release maps with this configuration intake, Evo intercooler, and EvoX turbo installed.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB Speed View Post
These maps are for the STOCK INTAKE AND FILTER ONLY

if i get a UR intake i can make staged maps for it anyone want to donate one?
I have a catback and a k&n drop in air filer, can i still use it even tho its for stock filter?
Old 05-07-2010, 05:45 AM

I'm not familiar with the products mentioned in this post, but could someone tell me if there is a plug'n'play product, which I can remove when the car goes to the dealer. I'm still under warranty and I wouldn't want them to detect any tuning that has gone one.

I am assuming that the Cobb product would meet my requirements?

Thanks.
Old 05-21-2010, 03:38 PM

yeah i was just in the store today checking one of these bad boys out and came home to post a forum asking some questions but luckily there was already a forum. im quite new to the computer tunning, im just wondering if something like this is really hard on your engine? i just dont understand why if such a large horsepower gain can be attained from something like this, why dont they just come stock with the horsepower already upped from the factory. makes no sense to me why a car company would advertise the car at 240 hp, when you can get it to 270 by the push of a button
Old 09-09-2010, 10:11 AM

Send a message via MSN to hackerrei Send a message via Yahoo to hackerrei
Default yo

Well 2 reasons I can think of are
1 the RA is made to be a mini evo that is good on MPG and can be priced for people that want a evo but can not afford it.
2 If they made the power that high out the door then there would be no reason to buy a evo if the cheaper RA has around the same power it's all about making money.

That is what subaru has been doing with the WRX and the STI for a while and mitsu is just playing keep up and to also boost sales from the group of people that they know want some thing like the evo but better to drive day to day and is at a more common cost.

I would say RA owners are just lucky it is all wheel drive and turbo and not just front wheel like in the past with maby a turbo.

Thats all I can realy think of right now.