ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 10-11-2010, 07:12 PM

Default Injen CAI for Lancer GTS

Hi Guys

I'm going to install an Injen SP1836P intake over the weekend and I did a search here and on the injen website, but I couldnt seem to find a pipe diameter width for it? I am wanting to install it with an bypass valve and they all come with different widths. I know this is a ralliart forum but can anyone help me out.

TY
Old 10-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iced_maggot View Post
Hi Guys

I'm going to install an Injen SP1836P intake over the weekend and I did a search here and on the injen website, but I couldnt seem to find a pipe diameter width for it? I am wanting to install it with an bypass valve and they all come with different widths. I know this is a ralliart forum but can anyone help me out.

TY
i dont get it? so you want to install the CIA with bypass valve where r u getting the bypass valve? I know AEM used to carry them, they should all be standard size pipe diameter of 2.5"inches to 3" inches. what is your stock intake diameter? it should be the same. 2.5"-3" in diameter.
Sry if I cant be anymore help, Im not experienced with GTS.
Good luck.

Last edited by MTZL; 10-11-2010 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 11:08 PM

bpv on a n/a? on the intake? que?
Old 10-12-2010, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iced_maggot View Post
Hi Guys

TY
This cannot be done. I know because I owned a lancer gst before my current ralliart.

Mods:Evo X turbo, RallInspired Tune, Magnaflow Catback, GM 3-port, Xtremeboost O2 Dump, UR Test Pipe, UR SRI, Depo UICP-LICP, AMS FMIC, Synapse Diverter Valve, SSP Inline Filter, SSP Tranny Cooler, SSP Clutch Packs, Tein S-specs, Apexi L.E. Turbo Timer, Seibon CF CW-style hood, CF Duluck Trunk, Gold Evo X Wheels w/ all four corners rolled, AEM Boost Gauge, AEM Wideband with A Pillar Gauge Pods, Evo X fender vents.

Future Mods:E-85 Tune, RallInspired Fuel Pump and CF Roof Wrap.
Old 10-12-2010, 12:41 AM

Hi MTZL, yeah I never thought of that I can just measure the stock intake pipe. The injen CAI comes as a two part thing with a clamp in between, the plan was that I could find an AEM bypass valve of the correct width with would go between the two sections of pipe and save my butt incase of the occasional freak storms and floods I get in the summer in Aus.

Thanks for the input ralli_kid, I was hoping to find someone who owned a GTS for thier opinion. Do you mean the bypass valve wont work, or the CAI overall? Because the part exists and they should all be a standard width right... can you please explain what wont work, why?

Also zeRep85, you mustve thought I was talking about a turbo bypass valve? I was just talking about the small thing that goes on your intake so you dont hydrolock incase the filter gets submerged.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:34 AM

lol thought u were talking about the on we use on our turbo lancers... my bad... show me the link to it

Mods:Evo X turbo, RallInspired Tune, Magnaflow Catback, GM 3-port, Xtremeboost O2 Dump, UR Test Pipe, UR SRI, Depo UICP-LICP, AMS FMIC, Synapse Diverter Valve, SSP Inline Filter, SSP Tranny Cooler, SSP Clutch Packs, Tein S-specs, Apexi L.E. Turbo Timer, Seibon CF CW-style hood, CF Duluck Trunk, Gold Evo X Wheels w/ all four corners rolled, AEM Boost Gauge, AEM Wideband with A Pillar Gauge Pods, Evo X fender vents.

Future Mods:E-85 Tune, RallInspired Fuel Pump and CF Roof Wrap.
Old 10-12-2010, 02:46 AM

No no, the speeds gods hath not blessed me with a turbo... yet, main reason being because atleast over here the only RA we get is the twin clutch. So until I can affort an evo, im keeping the GTS.

Here is a link to the part, "http://www.autocarparts.com/part/1672/1875/". I wont bother giving you the actual injen link because it tells you literally nothing about the part other than the fact that it exists and its part number is SP1836P.

Just another quick question as well, to the guys who have an intake that sits in the wheel well, when you change filters do you have to go through the whole process? I took off my front bumper as a trial run and it took me damn near an hour and a half.
Old 10-12-2010, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

what he is talking about is bypass valve for CAI which when the intake ever inhale water the Bypass valve will open up & release the vacuum so you dont hydro-lock your engine.
Bypass valve sit between the Throttle body & Intake. Usually the same opening diameter as intake with bigger saucer shape in the middle which is the valve that opens.

Brief Info:
Cold Air Intake reaches down below the bumper to draw in the freshest air, it's at risk for sucking in something deadly to performance: water. Equip your aftermarket intake with an Air Bypass Valve for a surefire defense against hydro-lock.

When your intake becomes submerged, your Air Bypass Valve immediately springs into action. It closes off induction from your main filter and reroutes the air flow through its external diaphragm. Plus, the integrated foam filter traps dust and blocks debris from getting into your powerplant.

Last edited by MTZL; 10-12-2010 at 08:39 AM.