ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-08-2010, 11:22 PM

Default what do yall think of me goin straight pipes

I currently have straight cat to muffler with the resonator deleted. When we took of the resonator, i asked to start the engine before we began to wield the piping to the muffler.. And i tell u i almost jizzed in my pants from the sound even my cousin was shocked when he was there.. its was like a V8-V12 sound.. AMAZING.. but i do know that i'll lose power if i go along with this.. so do yall think.. should I do it for the sound... I'm just hopping I don't get tired of it and wanna go back with the muffler on again if i take it off I''ve also been told to do a (whata call it when u cut a hole in the piping that u cover and open and what this allows for is the sound to go to the muffler, but if u open it, it'll soundlike straight pipes, since u allow the sound to travel out of the piping instead of goin to the muffler, if closed it goes to the muffler) with that said this would probably be a better option then going just straight uhh..??
Old 02-09-2010, 12:13 AM

I think you're talking about an electric exhaust cutout. If that's the case, it sounds to be your better option.

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
Old 02-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Administrator

I recommend you get an aftermarket exhaust system.
Hack jobs, like exhaust cut out and Midus straight pipes are just that...hack jobs. They're going to wobble, leak and will make the car sound more like an SRT4 with indigestion then anything. To say nothing of the legal or social impact running muffler/catless will do.

If you want loud, Tomei Powered recently released their Titanium muffler system: http://www.tomeipowered-usa.com/usa/...n/jason-e.html

If you want cost effective, call up Mike at Road Race engineering and he will build you something to your exact specifications (single pipe/muffler/bling tips/whatever).

The best way to avoid a mistake is to do it right the first time.

Best,

Blaze
Old 02-09-2010, 10:29 AM

i have a magnaflow on but when i heard it recently with the straight pipes i was like.. holy shit.. but i guess the electric cut out is gonna be the best option.. so i guess ill do that.. i was told they sell them @ o reilly and autozone
Old 02-09-2010, 11:18 AM

Straight dump or straight pipe with no muffler or anything is cool to go terrorizing for an hour or so. But it will get old quick. Depending on the cops in your neighborhood you'll get away with it for an hour or a week.

Big exhaust systems making the car lose power is a non turbo thing. Your turbo is making any of the back pressure you are yearnign for. The more wide open it is on the other side of the exhaust wheel, the more power you can make. The turbo spools because of the pressure differencial between the two sides of the exhaust wheel. Put more pressure on the motor side or less pressure on the exhaust side and the turbo will spool harder making more boost. You will need to check your boost level. It will spike higher.

Mike W
Old 02-09-2010, 09:42 PM

thanks man that really help i might just do it then.. just hope the noise doesn't drive em & me crazy lol!!!