ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Show and Shine
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-2011, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
No way man! They're TOTALLY comfortable!
Nothing like a nail to the head I know what I'm talking about too (I'm married).

I was almost 100% sure that i will be misunderstanded wrong,if i write like this.But want to put it anyway..... Itīs one
expression here in Finland what i just converted to english.And it just lost point....
What i mean whit that "nail to head" expression is that those are like perfect to your car!
Old 10-10-2011, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livefast View Post
I was almost 100% sure that i will be misunderstanded wrong,if i write like this.But want to put it anyway..... Itīs one
expression here in Finland what i just converted to english.And it just lost point....
What i mean whit that "nail to head" expression is that those are like perfect to your car!

I knew what you meant. I was just giving you a hard time.
In the US, we have the similar expression: "Hitting the nail on the head."
Old 10-10-2011, 08:37 PM

LOL ! Love it Lost in translation at it's funniest. I want more he he he.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:53 PM

I always love to see updates on your ride dude! I don't care what anyone says about the spoiler i like it think it looks good and is functional, also love the harness bar was thinking of getting the same one.

Also i see you ended up going with some quick disconnects for the bumper, any reason you went that route? Either way looks good i have done that on a couple of cars due to how low they were and cause i was always working on them lol

Showbits
(X) passwordJDM engine washer kit
(X) PasswordJDM delrin shift knob
Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susafuss View Post
Also i see you ended up going with some quick disconnects for the bumper, any reason you went that route?
Yes. I don't know if I covered that a few pages back or not.

There are a few reasons for this, but let me start by stating that if you convert the front of your car to an evo OEM or aftermarket bumper, buy OEM metal fenders. Seibon and VIS quality is poor and you can end up with problems later on.

When the body shop installed everything, they neglected to use Evo snap brackes for the fenders/bumper. As a result, the bumper did not fit flush. So they opted to shave both the backet AND the bumper attach points down. This caused a number of issues that ultimately lead me to install the quick release brackets.

I'm debating if I should leave them polished to accent the headlights, or paint them flat black to match the wheels. It's kind of a toss up.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze View Post
Yes. I don't know if I covered that a few pages back or not.

There are a few reasons for this, but let me start by stating that if you convert the front of your car to an evo OEM or aftermarket bumper, buy OEM metal fenders. Seibon and VIS quality is poor and you can end up with problems later on.

When the body shop installed everything, they neglected to use Evo snap brackes for the fenders/bumper. As a result, the bumper did not fit flush. So they opted to shave both the backet AND the bumper attach points down. This caused a number of issues that ultimately lead me to install the quick release brackets.

I'm debating if I should leave them polished to accent the headlights, or paint them flat black to match the wheels. It's kind of a toss up.
I would do them in black or paint match them blue.
Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

quick photoshop to make them black

D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 10-13-2011, 10:06 AM

While we love to see updates on your sportback, and since you seem to check your thread often, can you please address the moderator situation and give MTZL privileges to actually moderate the forums?
Old 10-13-2011, 11:35 AM

Yeah, me too!!!

No mod powers SUX!!!
Old 10-15-2011, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jRox View Post
While we love to see updates on your sportback, and since you seem to check your thread often, can you please address the moderator situation and give MTZL privileges to actually moderate the forums?
This is currently being addressed by Rob the primary Admin and one of the site owners. I can move the core moderators into a SUPER security group which will provide all of the functions they need this weekend. I just need to run it by Rob or Dino first.

J