ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2013, 09:37 PM

Default Evo x Intercooler swap.

So I just bought a used evo x intercooler, but I only managed to pick up just the intercooler and none of the piping. What am i going to need to make it fit? Any idea on what ill need to make it fit on the stock piping? Thanks
Old 02-05-2013, 10:47 PM

the x ic without the x ic pipes is pretty much useless get the pipes and then it will be fully functional and fit properly if not you would probably need a couple of 2.5" to whatever the ralliart ic pipes dimension is i dont remember couplers
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 PM

Do you think Ultimate Racing's intercooler piping would work with it? Or perhaps something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INJEN-UPPER-...0d5bd6&vxp=mtr

Also will i need the upper and lower pipes or just one of them?

Last edited by Cooljoshb; 02-05-2013 at 11:41 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooljoshb View Post
Do you think Ultimate Racing's intercooler piping would work with it? Or perhaps something like this
http://www.ebay.com/itm/INJEN-UPPER-...0d5bd6&vxp=mtr

Also will i need the upper and lower pipes or just one of them?
U need both upper and lower pipes...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 02-06-2013, 12:18 AM

I have heard someone using the correct coupler, cant remember the size off the top of my head but i assume 2.25" to 2.50" and making it work with the stock RA LICP. You can use the UR piping just order the UICP for Evo and LICP for Ralliart. when ordering specify the LICP is being used with the EVO IC and they will send you the correct coupler.

As for the link you provided, i am unsure if it will fit with the stock 90degree elbow needed from the IC up into the engine bay (not sure if they are the same) Checkout lancershop.com and look in the Evo section for intercooler pipes. The UR 2 piece UICP (comes w elbow) for $170. I think thats the cheapest that comes w the elbow. But you wont really need to upgrade after those. I had the Injen UICP and i switched it out for the UR because i didnt like it at all. Thats just my opinion.
X IC Swap
UR UICP
UR LICP
X BPV
AMS HFC
UR Exhaust w Custom midpipe
Old 02-06-2013, 01:03 PM
Regional Moderator

Injen fits, most of the noticeable gains will be from the pipes not the IC itself, til it gets warmer or you need more cold air...our piping is severely crimped, to aid the evo ego..
Old 02-06-2013, 04:42 PM
Administrator

I have the piping if you need it.
I'm in 92346 if you're local.

Blaze
Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 PM

If you are going with UR. They have excellent customer support when talking with them just tell them you have the ralliart but you are putting the Evo X IC into it and you need the pipes and couplers to match this set up. They will send you what you need to get it done right.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:09 AM

It'll fit perfectly with Ralliart pipes. Do not get Evo pipes! The Evo LICP will be an enormous PITA and the Evo UICP will not fit. All you will need is the couplers, I just can't remember the exact sizes. The Evo FMIC alone will drop your intake temp about 20 degrees. I know all of this from first hand experience.

When you do switch pipes, because yes, the stock ones suck ass, the upper UR RA UICP would probably be sufficient as it eliminats the rubber portion of the UICP and will provibe the best fitment. The full UR RA UICP will work because it comes set up to fit either the stock FMIC or the larger UR FMIC. However the fitment is not perfect as the black plastic trim piece that sits directly above the radiator and IC will need some trimming in order to fit (I just left it off rather than try to cut it). The UR RA LICP will fit perfectly.

Last edited by EricS09RA; 02-07-2013 at 07:13 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricS09RA View Post
the Evo UICP will not fit.
Uh.....HUH? Are you saying the UR Evo X UICP doesn't fit, or stock Evo X UICP won't fit? I know for a fact that the stock Evo X UICP fits absolutely fine, and I don't know why any aftermarket one wouldn't fit just as good as the oem Evo X one. But having said that, I do not have an aftermarket Evo X one on my car as it sits, so I'm not certain. I am certain that the oem X UICP fits fine though. I've had mine on since 2010 with zero problems. I do agree that the X LICP is a pain in the arse to install, but it too fits.