ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 10-06-2016, 04:21 PM

Default Finally Getting A Ralliart!

Well here I am,

I am finally in the market for a ralliart. I am going to look at a used 2010 sportback ralliart tomorrow morning and I am planning on using it as a daily driver. I currently own a lancer GTS but got sick of the front wheel drive and lack of power. I really want the Ralliart for the AWD since my commute to work is about 45 min one way in Colorado. Those winter commutes can really be a PITA. Off topic, but my weekend driver is a true 1999 3000GT VR-4 with 43,000 miles. I love that thing... but now I can have the ralliart too!

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/5813200159.html

Anyway, I was hoping to get advice as to what to look for, what to listen for, what one might ask as far as services. I know about the importance about keeping the SST fluids replaced so I will ask about that. Also, what are some things that I should do right away as a new owner? If it is anything like the GTS, I will clear bra the hood, mirrors, a-pillars, top of the roof by the windshield and even the side moldings under the doors in front of the rear wheel. My GTS got ate up by rock in those areas bad... gotta love Colorado.

Thanks for the help!

-Aaron
Old 10-06-2016, 08:17 PM

Not much going on here... Well I will dig through the forums then
Old 10-13-2016, 09:55 AM
Administrator

I would definitely check and have the SST fluid replaced depending on the condition of the car. Then I'd check the CV boots/axle joints to make sure there arent any tears or damage.
Old 10-18-2016, 11:18 AM

Thank you for the response. There are no maintenance records on when/if the transmission was ever flushed with a filter change. So I will go ahead and do that right away to be safe! The car is in pretty damn good condition from what I could tell when I went to test drive it.