ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2013, 05:57 AM

Default Transmission Help?

Hello I have a 2009 Ralliart with 61,000 miles.. The warranty is almost up on the car maybe another 1,000 miles so I wanted to get the dealer for anything I can. While in Drive & Reverse I get a jerky transition from a dead stop any ideas?

I was driving the car tonight and my Service Required light came on I looked in the owners manual and it says a fault in the ACD which is the active Center Differential system....I guess its back to the dealer tomorrow! Any input?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09ralliartmit View Post
Hello I have a 2009 Ralliart with 61,000 miles.. The warranty is almost up on the car maybe another 1,000 miles so I wanted to get the dealer for anything I can. While in Drive & Reverse I get a jerky transition from a dead stop any ideas?

I was driving the car tonight and my Service Required light came on I looked in the owners manual and it says a fault in the ACD which is the active Center Differential system....I guess its back to the dealer tomorrow! Any input?
have you changed the sst fluid? if so when? also did the service light go away?
Old 03-02-2013, 07:56 AM

They changed the fluid at 60,000 miles...before we purchased the car. The light came on once and went off. Is this transmission problem normal because it doesn't seem normal to me, and it seems like its getting worse.. Thanks!
Old 03-02-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
They changed the fluid at 60,000 miles...before we purchased the car. The light came on once and went off. Is this transmission problem normal because it doesn't seem normal to me, and it seems like its getting worse.. Thanks!
are you sure they changed it and just didnt "check it" if they did and you have only put 1000 miles on the car take it back tell them to fix it or replace it under warranty not sure if your state has a lemon law or not and if it applies to used cars

Last edited by Smeghead; 03-02-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:31 AM

Default lemon law

The paperwork they gave me said the sst fluid was changed...however you never know if they lied but the paperwork said fluid discolored fluid changed. My state does have a lemon law so they will cover it.

Only thing is do you think that the (jerky problem) with the transmission is something wrong with the transmission?

My wife is driving the car today and she said the light isn't on in the car anymore. So I hope the dealer can still diagnose a problem..
Old 03-02-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
The paperwork they gave me said the sst fluid was changed...however you never know if they lied but the paperwork said fluid discolored fluid changed. My state does have a lemon law so they will cover it.

Only thing is do you think that the (jerky problem) with the transmission is something wrong with the transmission?

My wife is driving the car today and she said the light isn't on in the car anymore. So I hope the dealer can still diagnose a problem..
If I threw a light it should have stored the code. The sst does have some jerkyness to it but it should be rattling you around so to speak. And did u get the car from a mitsu dealer? Just wondering bc they could have put ATF fluid in u never know with these stealerships
Old 03-02-2013, 10:26 AM

Default reply

Hey! I bought my car from a Mitsubishi Dealership
Old 03-02-2013, 11:31 AM

K just making sure lol I got mine from a ford dealership since the nearest mitsu didn't have ralliarts but I do the work my self on it
Old 03-26-2013, 02:18 PM

Quote:

The paperwork said they changed the fluid.. But did it say they changed the filter also?
If they didn't change that filter, that fluid isn't gonna flow well.
And I don't trust a damn THING these dealers say.. ESPECIALLY since the dealership down here in Port Richey thought the gearbox used CVT fluid.....!
PLUS,,,, they knew nothing about the filter.
If anything, I taught THEM about the transmission.