ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 06-14-2013, 11:58 AM

Default SST tranny

Does anyone know if the SSt tranny has a metal chain inside? I am trying to find another option on transmission fluid (diaqueen-way to expensive) and if it has a metal chain inside I can use Eneos CVT fluid made in Japan. Any help would be great! BTW the Enoes CVT fluid is about $10 a qt and you can get it from Napa.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malojimbone View Post
Does anyone know if the SSt tranny has a metal chain inside? I am trying to find another option on transmission fluid (diaqueen-way to expensive) and if it has a metal chain inside I can use Eneos CVT fluid made in Japan. Any help would be great! BTW the Enoes CVT fluid is about $10 a qt and you can get it from Napa.
Holy CRAP do you need to do some research before you kill a $10k transmission. If you are asking that question, this thread isn't large enough to explain to you how wrong you are. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives to the diaqueen, and that has been covered to death. As a reference, I am running Pentosin FFL2 at $17/bottle. NONE of the cheaper alternatives are CVT fluids........

Last edited by Drew; 06-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:12 PM

That's why I asked. I have not bought anything yet to ruin the Tranny. I do thank you for your answer.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:01 PM

Try the search box or google with ClubRalliart included in your search. There's a thread explaining everything about this topic already.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:23 PM

Hey so I know that diaqueen is expensive but remember our transmissions are very expensive and your best bet is to stick with the same fluid. I know that I'm due for a fluid change here soon (like 200 miles soon) but I know that it needs to be done to maintain it.

Just think about it like this are you going to run crappy oil in your motor? It's the same thing you want the best for your car so it will last a long time. If you can't afford it then I'm sorry to tell you this but you bought the wrong car. I'm not being a A hole but that's the truth. But that's my two cents it the end it's your car and we can't tell you what to run in it. If that fluid works great but if not be sure you can afford a new tranny or car.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven_Trujillo View Post
Hey so I know that diaqueen is expensive but remember our transmissions are very expensive and your best bet is to stick with the same fluid. I know that I'm due for a fluid change here soon (like 200 miles soon) but I know that it needs to be done to maintain it.

Just think about it like this are you going to run crappy oil in your motor? It's the same thing you want the best for your car so it will last a long time. If you can't afford it then I'm sorry to tell you this but you bought the wrong car. I'm not being a A hole but that's the truth. But that's my two cents it the end it's your car and we can't tell you what to run in it. If that fluid works great but if not be sure you can afford a new tranny or car.
Well said!

As the old saying goes, you gotta pay to play. Consider the level of performance the RA offers for the price, it is still a bargain even though operating costs may be considered steep by some.
Old 06-15-2013, 07:42 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Why does this thread exist?

OP got his answer. Too many SST threads. Closed.