ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-18-2010, 10:40 PM

Default battery cover

help! i tried to help jumpstart another car the other day and realized that I cannot take off the air intake to remove the battery cover. tried turning it counterclockwise with a screwdriver to no avail. is there a trick to this? really appreciate your help people. thanks.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 PM

The little plastic screw takes a delicate touch. If you push too hard on the screwdriver, you are pushing the screw back in as you are unscrewing it. You need to push just hard enough to keep the phillips head engaged, but not too hard that you are pushing the screw back in. The plastic threads are very minimal. The little clip is designed to install by just pushing the center screw into the clip.

If you really cant get it, you can pry/dig the little screw out of the center of the clip by prying up on it with a pick or tiny screwdriver. The screw part will slide up and out of the larger circle part.

It looks like this on the otherside where you cant see:

Mike W
Old 03-21-2010, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeW-RRE View Post
The little plastic screw takes a delicate touch. If you push too hard on the screwdriver, you are pushing the screw back in as you are unscrewing it. You need to push just hard enough to keep the phillips head engaged, but not too hard that you are pushing the screw back in. The plastic threads are very minimal. The little clip is designed to install by just pushing the center screw into the clip.

If you really cant get it, you can pry/dig the little screw out of the center of the clip by prying up on it with a pick or tiny screwdriver. The screw part will slide up and out of the larger circle part.

It looks like this on the otherside where you cant see:

Mike W
THANKS!!!
I'll definitely give it a try... hope I didn't damage the thread by pushing too hard on it...
Old 03-31-2010, 10:42 PM

ended up having to pry both screws out with a small screwdriver. the threads were loose so i just replaced the screws. now it's working.... thanks again.