ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-08-2009, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan@gst View Post
Where are you seeing this? What kind of communication problems. We have seen no issues at all with reflashes.
http://evolutionm.net/2009-lancer-ra...just-note.html

there were a few other findings I can't remember the titles, but have to do w/ concerns over shifting problems after being flashed. I read a tech article somewhere else that explains how the engine ecu & trans tcu for this & evo mr work closely together & changes to one computer effect performance of the other. Does ecu flash handle both control units? That's supposedly why you can't run standalone on this. Maybe just the "mail in" flashes these guys back east have are bad news. I just wanna know details before rushing into something like this. After everything I just went through, keeping the powertrain warranty is crucial at the moment. Especially on an expensive trans.

I wanted to do yer flash Bryan belive me, I still would at some point, I just hope everything works flawlessly & can be switched for warranty work & switched back. I also definately wanna deal w/ the trans cooler/overheating in sustained rev-range issue w/ possible big core trans cooler before doing any serious performance stuff. Who knows, these guys may be just overheating the sensitive transmission & theres no problem at all w/ the flashes, I'm just kinda paranoid about doing anything to it right now w/o re-assurance because of this transmission.

Last edited by RAcowboy; 04-08-2009 at 03:57 AM.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:46 AM

Link doesn't work.

Is it somebody complaining about a CEL coming on after the flash? Most of the time the CEL has to do with not tuning certain tables correctly.

Is this the thread you are talking about?

http://forums.evolutionm.net/2009-la...-problems.html

That is limp mode, most likely induced by overboost or airflow/torque limit tables.