ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-18-2012, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevojr View Post
Also, with the all the repo-ed/foreclosed/jacked property from the economy going to hell, credit ratings have plummeted. Dealerships have been having a difficult time getting Tier 1/2 Credit Applicants, as such most people can only get financed on the secondary market (even for "old" models with 0 miles but 1 year old, ala 2011's). This has added to the artificial inflation in the used car market
omfg when I sold cars, I wouldn't have known Tier1/2 credit ratings existed if I wasn't Tier1 myself. it drove me nuts when T4/5 people would come in expecting to buy an Evo with nothing down (and even with a limited budget on monthly payments)

but the used car market has been awful and plummetting for me. Manufacturers are putting so much into incentives now that it was way too easy to swap customers. as for older cars (as in not lightly used) with lower prices, the only people that seemed to be interested in them were never in a position to buy because of the economy. I went from selling 15 used cars a month to 3 by the time I left the dealership (but my new car sales covered more than that)
Old 04-18-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
omfg when I sold cars, I wouldn't have known Tier1/2 credit ratings existed if I wasn't Tier1 myself. it drove me nuts when T4/5 people would come in expecting to buy an Evo with nothing down (and even with a limited budget on monthly payments)

but the used car market has been awful and plummetting for me. Manufacturers are putting so much into incentives now that it was way too easy to swap customers. as for older cars (as in not lightly used) with lower prices, the only people that seemed to be interested in them were never in a position to buy because of the economy. I went from selling 15 used cars a month to 3 by the time I left the dealership (but my new car sales covered more than that)
That's crazy. The economy effects so much more than what people expect.
Old 04-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

it affects everyone directly & indirectly.
Just take a little bit longer for rich people to feel the effect.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struc View Post
I spent a couple months looking for mine, and went the cheap route and found one with 72k miles on it, but only paid $14,500. Car was/is immaculate. I had to travel 300 miles to go and pick it up, but it was worth it.

Deals can be found. I narrowly missed out on another one that had 42k miles for $16k in the Chicago area.

Watch Craigslist around your area, or at least big cities within reach that you'd be willing to travel to in order to get a good deal. Both the one I picked up and the one I just missed out on were at dealerships, but were advertised on Craigslist.
Where in chicago? I bought my WW there in i think February for 16K and i think it had 43 or 44k on it. I may have stolen your ride
Old 08-08-2012, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxRalli09 View Post
Where in chicago? I bought my WW there in i think February for 16K and i think it had 43 or 44k on it. I may have stolen your ride
Not knowing if the tranny has been flushed or not would keep me away from anything above 20K miles

zeRep
Old 08-08-2012, 12:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to OherrOderr

Too bad you don't live in SoCal. I just bought mine brand new at the Huntington Beach dealer for $23k and they're trying to get rid of their 2011's for $22k.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OherrOderr View Post
Too bad you don't live in SoCal. I just bought mine brand new at the Huntington Beach dealer for $23k and they're trying to get rid of their 2011's for $22k.
Well we have SMASH!!!

I bought mine at South Coast. But I got 2010 in 2009 so i paid a bit more

zeRep
Old 08-08-2012, 02:01 PM

Send a message via AIM to OherrOderr

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
Well we have SMASH!!!

I bought mine at South Coast. But I got 2010 in 2009 so i paid a bit more

zeRep

Haha i know right?? Sam's awesome, I know he was already giving a good deal so I didn't even try to bargain. I just agreed with the $23,990 dealer discount price especially since the sticker price was almost $29k
Old 08-08-2012, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OherrOderr View Post
Haha i know right?? Sam's awesome, I know he was already giving a good deal so I didn't even try to bargain. I just agreed with the $23,990 dealer discount price especially since the sticker price was almost $29k
If you dont mind me asking what was the final OTD price?

I think i ended up paying close to 27K OTD...leased only 20K though

zeRep
Old 08-09-2012, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
Is bravo parting away?
He bought a DD Skyline, so no.