ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-18-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkfndr View Post
actually from everything i read the licp is the evo one that makes the most difference on the ralliart it is the uicp.

read this thread from evolutionm has some good info for people starting out and pointed me to where i am going with my car.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-rall...g-your-ra.html
Thanks! I actually already had that page already opened and I have been reading it a lot

THanks
Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 PM

After the intercooler does it's job, then the pressurized air is on it's way to the engine for use. This is the MOST important component. There is nothing left but this pipe before this pressurized air is used - so you do not want to worsen this air in any way possible. The stock RA LICP, which is made of plastic, has a small diameter (which causes heat as particles collide) and an unusual bend (again, another place for collision and heat generation). The Evo X LICP is a finely crafted piece - made from aluminum to hold the air, a bigger diameter, and very smooth curves for a clean flow straight to the engine. Almost nothing interrupts the air as it is fed to the engine with this pipe - which is what you want.

This is the biggest misconception that RA owners seem to have. Most think that the UICP is the biggest restriction and that the LICP is fine. The expanding OEM UICP hose just lose you throttle response, but still accomplishes it's job of sending the air to the intercooler.

The OEM LICP, with so many bends, ruins work that the intercooler accomplished. With so much restriction in flow and bends causing collision and heat generation, you're ruining the work of the intercooler just before the air enters your engine for use.

But with how cheaply you can pickup a whole Evo X set (UICP + FMIC + LICP), I recommend you replace all pieces at the same time. This also avoids any fitment issues - just complete replacement with 100% fitment.
Old 09-18-2012, 10:03 PM

that was taken directly from the thread you posted the link too
Old 09-19-2012, 02:12 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfiluta View Post
This is the biggest misconception that RA owners seem to have. Most think that the UICP is the biggest restriction and that the LICP is fine. The expanding OEM UICP hose just lose you throttle response, but still accomplishes it's job of sending the air to the intercooler.
I disagree with your claim. Show me some proof that RA owners are indeed more concerned about the UICP than the lower. All I ever see is people asking how to access and replace the LICP, because they know how restrictive it is.
Old 09-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkfndr View Post
actually from everything i read the licp is the evo one that makes the most difference on the ralliart it is the uicp.

read this thread from evolutionm has some good info for people starting out and pointed me to where i am going with my car.

http://forums.evolutionm.net/09-rall...g-your-ra.html

bravo are you asking me for proof? i stated earlier in the thread that the licp was mor important than the uicp, and i was responding to this post and also what i posted was taken directly from the link that was posted to a thread on evom
Old 09-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

ok, that a bit of kink in stock RA licp is negligible. Stock RA UICP or Stock RA LICP is just that a pipe/a tube/ a way to direct flow to & from FMIC.

The biggest difference is not in the pipe for stock turbo. it is in the size of FMIC & its efficiency.
Stock RA FMIC is tiny. More like a interfooler. Since stock UICP doesnt fit with bigger FMIC you really have no choice but to change the UICP.
Stock RA LICP has a dent/a kink in it. Some choose to use it, most replace it with evo x LICP or aftermarket LICP to match the bigger FMIC.

Again bigger FMIC is what actually does the cooling, not the pipes.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:11 PM

yes but if your planning on getting an evox or bigger i.c. in the future then theres no sense getting a UICP for the stock I.C. correct, that was the point i was trying to get across that since upgrading the licp will fit an evox intercooler than that is a more logical upgrade
Old 09-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Still it is a system. FMIC is where the benefit is at. Not the pipes. Pipes are just there to direct the flow.
Old 09-19-2012, 11:18 PM

true, but you also want to avoid adding any un necessary heat after the air is cooled, so you want the least ammount of bends or collision points with the uicp in to keep the air as cold as possible. since the UICP is carrying air that still hasnt been cooled by the I.C. then it doesnt cause as big of an issue, but anyway i agree 100% that going with a bigger I.C. is where you should start
Old 09-19-2012, 11:24 PM
Super Moderator

Straight pipe or bent pipe is going to be the same temp. It is about the efficiency of the intercooler. Even some aftemarket bigger FMIC are not efficient in cooling vs Evo X FMIC.