ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-06-2012, 08:09 AM

Default Options on deleting fogs

So I dont want my fogs in, what fog light delete kits are available? Pics and links are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2015, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP3NS View Post
So I dont want my fogs in, what fog light delete kits are available? Pics and links are appreciated. Thanks.
Bumping cause i'm also interested. Only found JDP's kit and would like to know which options there are out there.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:26 PM

I have the JDP carbon fiber ones and have had them on the car going on 3 years now and got them to help cool Trans cooler at track when doing Time Attack and 1/4 mile Drag Racing.

I have since had some damage to the front end of the car from stone chips and had the gel coat start to bubble and flake etc. Too much money to have gel coat sanded and redone so I just sprayed over them with truck bed liner. I still have the function but with rock guard protection now.

Last edited by Jackal; 09-14-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
I have the JDP carbon fiber ones and have had them on the car going on 3 years now and got them to help cool Trans cooler at track when doing Time Attack and 1/4 mile Drag Racing.

I have since had some damage to the front end of the car from stone chips and had the gel coat start to bubble and flake etc. Too much money to have gel coat sanded and redone so I just sprayed over them with truck bed liner. I still have the function but with rock guard protection now.

Very nice, man! I was just reading your build thread (actually, going through the pictures along the 44 pages lol).

I've read that you had some issues installing your fog deletes, but I didn't understand it perfectly. They are supossed to be installed with 2 bolts, right? No double sided tapes?
Old 09-15-2015, 04:30 PM

They have been removed and reinstalled a few times now. Problem is you need to have the front bumper off to install them and there is no template for cutting out all the plastic pieces your fog lights used to attach to. Once they are installed by what ever means 2 way tape, caulking fiberglass etc.. You now have to bend in the 2 ends of the bumper cover like folding in butterfly wings, where they clip into place and meet up with the fender. This is when you notice the gap opening up on the outside edge of the piece.

Yes they utilize 2 bolts molded into the duct that are suppose to use 2 of the holes that mounted the fogs but you have to take out so much of the material around these 2 hole you get some flex and find that the radius of the part compared to how tight the ends have to flex in to meet the fenders are not the same curvature.

The tape pulled off twice and I ended up having to pull the bumper back off clean up the tape mess then use multiple clamps and construction adhesive. Let it set up for 24 hours, cleaned up the excess. Then took to body shop for some minor bondo, sanding then mask and paint and blend into rest of bumper.
After the first winter I noticed some cracks and gaps around vents the next spring.
I have since done a bunch more stuff to the car and this year resprayed front bumper with bed liner with black initially to also cover up a ton of stone chips. Later after I liked the no maintenance of the bed liner, I resprayed it this time mixing some octane blue paint into the bed liner.

Having the vents sprayed with the thicker bed liner in the same blue has really helped it blend better visually into the bumper cover for a smoother almost oem look.

Last edited by Jackal; 09-15-2015 at 04:35 PM.
Old 09-15-2015, 07:11 PM
Administrator

wow. never seen a bumper sprayed with bedliner, but it does make total sense. my dd is literally potmarked by so many rocks its not even worth repainting.
Old 09-22-2015, 01:07 PM

Love the bumper sprayed with bed liner!! And the vent / bumper insert......
Yep, mine is chipped all over too!!!

Beeble tuned, Magnaflow and turboxs, turbo back exhaust, k&n SRI, Forge BOV,Tinted lights, Depo intercooler and pipes, RRM spring and KYB struts, Whiteline diff mounts.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:59 PM
Administrator

does the bedliner make the bumper heavier though? curious.