ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 09-22-2014, 04:38 AM

Question AYC Unit replacement

I recently had an issue with AYC unit of my 2010 Ralliart (ASC Warning light coming up). It was a warranty job with them finding an internal fault with the AYL motor. They replaced the AYC Hydrolic Control Unit, carried out bleeding procedure using MUT3..
My query is my 105k service is due which includes the replacement of TC-SST Transmission oil ($1000 quoted + $800 of other products/services). Has the above warranty work required the SST Trans oil to already be replaced, saving me $1000. Some say it must have been, but Mitsu Service guy say it hasn't been. Are they just wanting my $1k for oil for upcoming service?? Need an unbiased expert opinion please?
Old 09-22-2014, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnewey View Post
I recently had an issue with AYC unit of my 2010 Ralliart (ASC Warning light coming up). It was a warranty job with them finding an internal fault with the AYL motor. They replaced the AYC Hydrolic Control Unit, carried out bleeding procedure using MUT3..
My query is my 105k service is due which includes the replacement of TC-SST Transmission oil ($1000 quoted + $800 of other products/services). Has the above warranty work required the SST Trans oil to already be replaced, saving me $1000. Some say it must have been, but Mitsu Service guy say it hasn't been. Are they just wanting my $1k for oil for upcoming service?? Need an unbiased expert opinion please?
Welcome to the board, Antnewey!

A few things really quick. Not to be corrective, but it may help prevent confusion in the future. The Ralliart does not have AYC. That is an Evo X only goodie. Our pump is very similar, but it only has one port for the ACD.

And you do not have to change the TC-SST fluid when the ACD pump is replaced. They do not share anything between them. So, unless they did you a massive favor (I highly doubt it), I would assume that your TC-SST fluid was not changed when they replaced the ACD pump.

Hope this helps, and welcome again.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:35 AM

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply. Its probably obvious Im not up to speed with the hi tec components of my Ralliart, actually I was quoting all of the above directly from my Mitsubishi Service receipt, which then makes them look a bit tardy, not sure if thats something I should be concerned about..
Either way, thank you for clarifying my areas of concern, guess I better warm up the credit card to get this apparent gold-leaf oil replaced.
Cheers
Old 09-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Do the SST fluid yourself. Unless youre still under warranty and worried about the dealer. You should try this yourself, it will save you alot of money and its nothing more than a complicated oil change. Theres a few threads about how to do it, but its basically a drain and refill situation..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 11-19-2014, 09:39 AM

yes, do the SST fluid change yourself. You need two 4-liter SST fluid (it takes about 6L, but you are stuck having to pay for 8L), which cost about $300, and a new SST filter. OEM ones are about $150, aftermarket one is $35 (only one company makes it).
- 2003 Hyundai Tiburon GTV6 Obsidian Black
www.newtiburon.com

- 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Wicked White
www.clubralliart.com

- 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T R-Spec Karussel White
http://www.gencoupe.com/
Old 11-21-2014, 02:59 PM
Regional Moderator

Yes whenever possible, DIY! That makes this car much easier to own, and youll have a better idea of whats up with it..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.

Tags
asc, ayc, ayl