ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-27-2013, 09:23 AM

Cool Air Filter by Purolator

Hello All! Lately I have been doing tons of research on different types of drop in air filters for our Ralliarts and it seems K&N, HKS, Works, & some others I am forgetting at the moment are the most popular.

I just found an Air filter I never even knew exsisted which is made by PureOil (AKA Purolator) I know they are supposed to have very good reviews on thier oil filters so I said what the heck I'll pick up one of thier air filters and try it

I got it in the mail last night and installed it, install is easy. The actual construction of the filter seems very robust and almost identical to the OEM filter that came in our cars. I have no scientific proof of what kind of filtration this has but it most definitly increases the throttle response and gives a nicer(bit louder) sound of the turbo spool. (I know the rule of thumb is more air flow=less filtration) However it seems to be the same filter media as OEM. It is not redicoulesly loud like the HKS however.

I just thought I'd throw this up here on the forums as a heads up of a different air filter that appears to be a good value for the $14.80 I paid on amazon while ordering the stuff for my oil change. I will Update this thread once I get a few thousand miles on it and let you knwo how its going. I figure with all the help this community has given me with this car I should try to helpe even with my inferior knowlege of this car compared to most of you!

If anyone else has had any experience with this air filter please add some input as I orered this strictly on impulse base.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 10:26 AM

It is easy to install the filter incorrectly, cause an air leak, and then hear more turbo whistle.

I had that happen with my AFE Pro Dry.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:04 AM

Yea I made sure to have it all seated properly. I think it must be a different media. It sounds nice actually. Thanks for the info cuz I did the same thing with my last air filter on this car
Old 03-30-2013, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyline Fever View Post
It is easy to install the filter incorrectly, cause an air leak, and then hear more turbo whistle.

I had that happen with my AFE Pro Dry.
How did you install it incorrectly exactly? I have the same filter, and it's so darn snug that I assumed if I could get the box to close, it's probably in there correctly. I just want to make sure mine is installed correctly.

Tags
air, filter, intake