ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 01-09-2012, 09:21 AM

I'm running the Cooper zeon rs3-a 225/45R18XL, I've had them for bout 6 months and theyre 100x better than those horrible stockers.
-RRE Tune
-Boost Pill
-K&N drop-in filter
-EVO X blow-off valve
-EVO X FMIC
-Depot UICP
-Borla catback system
Old 01-10-2012, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackBeast View Post
I'm running Toyo Proxy 4 sized 225/40/18 on stock RA wheels. I've been really happy with these - they stick better and last way longer that the stock yoko's. Check with Muellerized for a great price plus install...

I've used Kumho in the past on different cars and was always happy with them, but I haven't tried them on an AWD car so no idea really...
I have only used Proxes 4 on my last 3 cars and they have been great. They have awesome grip in the wet and lasted a long time, I forget how long but much longer than the Yoko's did.
Old 01-11-2012, 06:54 AM

Even though the car's been a beast, we've had some up and down weather with +10 for 2 weeks at a time, then 2-3 days of -30 and 20cm of snow, it's such non-sense.

Anways, got a great deal on some:
18 x 8.0 5x114.3 ET 35 AR8 Replicas with
245/40R18 Hankook W300 IceBears

Quite enjoying the way better grip. But I am noticing the slightest wheel rub on had bounces. Someone suggested a whiteline sway-bar to fix that up and while I suspect it will firm up body roll, it won't do much for horizontal travel in the suspension will it?

I'm running stock suspension and as mentioned, the only rub would generally be if I hit some uneven pavement while doing 120 on the highway. It feels like the back end is just bouncing too hard from the dip and rubbing away one side or the other.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
Even though the car's been a beast, we've had some up and down weather with +10 for 2 weeks at a time, then 2-3 days of -30 and 20cm of snow, it's such non-sense.

Anways, got a great deal on some:
18 x 8.0 5x114.3 ET 35 AR8 Replicas with
245/40R18 Hankook W300 IceBears

Quite enjoying the way better grip. But I am noticing the slightest wheel rub on had bounces. Someone suggested a whiteline sway-bar to fix that up and while I suspect it will firm up body roll, it won't do much for horizontal travel in the suspension will it?

I'm running stock suspension and as mentioned, the only rub would generally be if I hit some uneven pavement while doing 120 on the highway. It feels like the back end is just bouncing too hard from the dip and rubbing away one side or the other.
Even at stock height, you might rub with 245's and anything more (less?) than 40 offset, even the 38 offset of the EvoX wheels with 245's can rub. The problem is not only the rear shocks are a tad soft, but you have that fender lip in the back. Once you take care of that lip with a decent fender rolling, you'll be good to go.
Old 01-11-2012, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colsankey View Post
Someone suggested a whiteline sway-bar to fix that up and while I suspect it will firm up body roll, it won't do much for horizontal travel in the suspension will it?
Because the swaybar links both sides of the suspension together, it acts like a stiffer spring and will increase the amount of force required for a given distance of travel.

That said, it should reduce the frequency of your rub some but clearance through tire size, offset, or fender rolling is the only way to completely eliminate it.
Old 01-13-2012, 08:40 PM

ok...I just got my new Kumho 4X on all corners... UTQG rated as 420 treadwear,AA traction and A temp...it's a ultra-high performance all-season...got it for $130/tire from sears...wife got me these so I'm happy!! Anyways...I'm in the break-in period now so I'll update these tires as time goes by...so stay tuned!

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 01-13-2012, 10:10 PM

Nice! I am very interested in how they turn out. I had a set of ASX (16") and they were great. almost identical specs, slightly diff tread pattern. The 4X is said to be a better predecessor. A few say stiffer sidewall.

Ecsta 4X

Ecsta ASX

2010 WW Sedan
Custom RRE ABE
Cosworth Drop-in Filter
EvoX FMIC and UICP
ExoX BOV
Old 01-13-2012, 10:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAbOS View Post
Nice! I am very interested in how they turn out. I had a set of ASX (16") and they were great. almost identical specs, slightly diff tread pattern. The 4X is said to be a better predecessor. A few say stiffer sidewall.

Ecsta 4X

Ecsta ASX
Yes...the specs are almost identical and 4X is going to replace ASX...and between cross-referencing 4 diff sites and googling...more ppl likes 4X then ASX...and seems that ASX have a lil more problems as far as road noise, wet grip issues and couple instance of bubble/warp? But no negatives on the 4X...so far I ran about 30 miles on it...4X feels more "sturdy" then yokos...but ill do a more detail write up as the tires gets more miles...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 01-24-2012, 06:24 PM

Ok...I had these tires on for about 130 miles...so far no complints...today I have to step on my bearks cuz some stupid chick came out from a parking lot and decide to park middle of my lane...although I was driving about 30-35 mph...the car stopped w/full confidence! These tires performed very well thus far...I'm very impressed....

Btw...my aligment was off prior to my new tires...got it fixed...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 02-06-2012, 05:40 PM
Regional Moderator

sorry, got a noob question, i have some 17" EVO9 BBS with Nt05 i use on my other car.. will there be any tech or fitment issues with running those rims? they look like theyd fit easy enough more thinking of speedo and gearing? specs are 17x8+38 looking to cut weight and tire costs..

Tags
tires