ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-23-2012, 04:44 PM

Default Howdy, A few random questions

Rylinkus' Random Question Thread

Hey guys, new owner of a 2010 Ralliart.
Pics Here
http://imgur.com/a/0PUeS#0

Anyway, I have a few random questions that I figured I'd try consolidating in a single thread so as to not have a half dozen open threads for simple questions.

1. Any cool features that the car has that I may not have discovered yet?

2. Any random weak points on the car worth noting?

3. Anyone have any advice on a boost gauge and possibly AF? And something that looks clean installed? I prefer to know as much about what's going on as possible.

4. Lastly... mods. Every car tends to be different in the poorly designed sections, the strong stock parts, and so on. Are there any mods that simply aren't worth looking into. Or conversely, any relatively inexpensive power to be had, or must do upgrades. I'm not trying to build something ridiculous. This is really a daily driver. But if I can find another 10 or 20 hp, I'd take it.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rylinkus View Post
Rylinkus' Random Question Thread

Hey guys, new owner of a 2010 Ralliart.
Pics Here
http://imgur.com/a/0PUeS#0

Anyway, I have a few random questions that I figured I'd try consolidating in a single thread so as to not have a half dozen open threads for simple questions.

1. Any cool features that the car has that I may not have discovered yet?

2. Any random weak points on the car worth noting?

3. Anyone have any advice on a boost gauge and possibly AF? And something that looks clean installed? I prefer to know as much about what's going on as possible.

4. Lastly... mods. Every car tends to be different in the poorly designed sections, the strong stock parts, and so on. Are there any mods that simply aren't worth looking into. Or conversely, any relatively inexpensive power to be had, or must do upgrades. I'm not trying to build something ridiculous. This is really a daily driver. But if I can find another 10 or 20 hp, I'd take it.
Welcome to the club! the first few things i can think of off the top of my head are:

Get rid of that rubbery mesh thing they call an UICP. It expands under pressure which isnt good for power. Buy a hard pipe which can be found for around $150. i wouldnt say it adds power, just keeps you from losing any. plus it makes the engine bay look a little better.

Replace the cheap plastic BPV with a metal stock evo X one. evo guys are always upgrading so you could probably get a good used one for around $50

A new drop in filter will add some mpg's as well
Old 05-24-2012, 10:32 AM

In addition to that, you can pick up a stock Evo X Intercooler for under $100 shipped. Do it. Almost all UICPs are built for the X intercooler anyway.

How many miles? Be sure to change your SST Tranny fluid and filter at about 1/2 the interval in the service manual. If I were to buy one new, I'd actually do my first fluid/filter change at 15k miles, and then every 30k after that. There are lots of threads on where and what kind of fluid to buy, etc. It costs pretty much a minimum of $250 to do it, but will help save your $10k tranny.

As far as picking up HP - Easiest thing to do it get yourself a Tactrix cable (http://www.tactrix.com/), buy the OBD2 extension cable from the same site (makes life easier), and then get yourself a copy of ECUFlash and EvoScan. This will give you access to your ECU programming.

Then look into the GST Base Maps. These are publicly released base tunes that get rid of the "de-tuning" they did on the RA. If you get a boost pill and install it, you could easily see an additional 30-40hp with the proper tune (but DO NOT install a boost pill without a tune).

Curt Shambeau
09 Ralliart Apex Silver
Old 05-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Struc View Post
In addition to that, you can pick up a stock Evo X Intercooler for under $100 shipped. Do it. Almost all UICPs are built for the X intercooler anyway.

How many miles? Be sure to change your SST Tranny fluid and filter at about 1/2 the interval in the service manual. If I were to buy one new, I'd actually do my first fluid/filter change at 15k miles, and then every 30k after that. There are lots of threads on where and what kind of fluid to buy, etc. It costs pretty much a minimum of $250 to do it, but will help save your $10k tranny.

As far as picking up HP - Easiest thing to do it get yourself a Tactrix cable (http://www.tactrix.com/), buy the OBD2 extension cable from the same site (makes life easier), and then get yourself a copy of ECUFlash and EvoScan. This will give you access to your ECU programming.

Then look into the GST Base Maps. These are publicly released base tunes that get rid of the "de-tuning" they did on the RA. If you get a boost pill and install it, you could easily see an additional 30-40hp with the proper tune (but DO NOT install a boost pill without a tune).

Curt Shambeau
09 Ralliart Apex Silver
250 bucks on the tranny fluid? Is it simply super expensive stuff?