ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 02-19-2015, 03:02 AM

Default Buying a Rlliart (issues?)

My honda aging honda civic is acting up, and i took a stroll through autotrader. Ralliarts are pretty cheap compared to WRX's so I thought i'd test drive one, turned out I really liked the recaro seats and the styling. The interio wasnt too bad, it had the mitsubishi screen in it too.

Upon reading the forums there are a few issues with the ralliarts, one big one for me is the ACD pump. Is there anything else I should know? Other common failures?
Old 02-19-2015, 07:05 AM
Administrator

where are you located? as far as the pump failures, iirc those usually afflict cold weather climate locations, the ones that see lots of road salt.

there are ways to help prevent it though, so its not a deal breaker for sure especially if the car is in good shape and the price is right.
Old 02-19-2015, 10:00 AM

They extended the warranty on the acd pump to 10 years/100k miles. Also, if the pump goes out after the warranty expires, the car is still drivable.
Old 02-19-2015, 01:37 PM

i live in southern ontario. the ralliart is 18,000$ with the MMCS and recaro . I'm not sure if it has push button start though.

we get tones of snow = salt. i was thinking of a wrx but they are too expensive used
Old 02-20-2015, 07:14 AM

I live in southern Ontario as well

Push button start isn't available, but Smart key is a nice substitute. Just turn the ignition insert knob thingy, and away you go.
Old 02-22-2015, 08:39 AM

just to it out for a test drive in a blizzard, it was actually a lot of fun. The recoro seats are a bit tight. Im not very tall but I'm wider i guess. I wonder how comfy it is after 2 hours of driving.

does anyone regret their ralliart
Old 02-23-2015, 01:58 PM

The Recaro seats are a bit on the narrow side, so you may find them uncomforable after an extended drive. I can usually last about 90 minutes before I need to stop and stretch.

Other than that, they are great, especially in leather and suede

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORiCO View Post
just to it out for a test drive in a blizzard, it was actually a lot of fun. The recoro seats are a bit tight. Im not very tall but I'm wider i guess. I wonder how comfy it is after 2 hours of driving.

does anyone regret their ralliart
Old 02-25-2015, 08:47 AM

So far no regrets. I've had mine for about 5 months now and love it. It does have its quirks, but what car doesn't?
Old 02-25-2015, 09:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxFMX View Post
So far no regrets. I've had mine for about 5 months now and love it. It does have its quirks, but what car doesn't?
+1

no car is perfect. there's always going to be something unique. heck, no two cars are even alike, even though on paper they are the exact same car.