ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Suspension, Wheels, Tires and
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2014, 09:11 AM

Default Rear suspension clunking

I had a problem awhile back with the rear suspension clunking so I installed the whiteline lateral locks on the 24 mil rear bar and it took care of the problem but now it's back.I loosened everything up,adjusted the bar the best I could,tightened everything down and it's still doin it.Do I need the adjustable endlinks or could the struts be bad? It's startin' to get annoying.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:21 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

Are you on stock suspension or coilovers?
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 01-22-2014, 10:55 AM

Stock.I noticed last night it's when I drive over a bump that it does it so my guess is struts but it only has 34k on it
Old 01-22-2014, 09:57 PM

I'm having the same problem. at first I thought maybe something came loose... I still don't know what it is but any little bump and it's clunking. I'm at 61k right now and looking into better suspension
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 PM

It's hard tryin to pinpoint where it's comin from and it's truly annoying.Thankfully I have my kia to drive so I can give the ralli a break.Could be the diff movin too much,blown struts,I don't know.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:35 PM

Same here. I have the whiteline lateral locks, sway bars and end links. After I put it on I noted clunking too.

Did some research and I think its the end links. But since you have stock end links maybe its the sway bar?
Old 01-24-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crak View Post
Same here. I have the whiteline lateral locks, sway bars and end links. After I put it on I noted clunking too.

Did some research and I think its the end links. But since you have stock end links maybe its the sway bar?
I have the 24mm whiteline rear sway bar as well and I too have the clunking, took it to Mitsubishi and they said it's the endlinks that were worn out because of the stiffer sway bar :/
Old 01-24-2014, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralliart188 View Post
I have the 24mm whiteline rear sway bar as well and I too have the clunking, took it to Mitsubishi and they said it's the endlinks that were worn out because of the stiffer sway bar :/
That make sense on why they might be worn out.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 01-24-2014, 02:18 PM

Yeah, but the put brand new end links in and they started clunking the next day. I cant believe that they are worn out. It could be becuase the end links are not set up properly?
Old 01-24-2014, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crak View Post
Yeah, but the put brand new end links in and they started clunking the next day. I cant believe that they are worn out. It could be becuase the end links are not set up properly?
Or maybe the end links are not working properly with the whiteline product?
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ