ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart General
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2014, 07:47 PM

Default scary question

OK guys I know most people get a forums and say what goes wrong with there car.... so I'm kinda looking for a little reassurance ...I have a 2013 ralliart with 4900 miles And all I hear about is waaaa sst broke sst slipping blah blah... I love my car have had it 2 weeks and has plenty power for me so no power mods ...(maybe one day) and great In the snow but is this tran Guna grenade... I don't launch or rag on it. Just make me feel cool.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:54 PM

The SST is a great transmission. However, just like any dual-clutch out there, it's still new technology, so it may break a bit earlier than a good manual or auto (after all these have been around forever). Also, it requires more maintenance. The Ralliart and Evo X are performance cars, so they put extra strain on the components as well. However, as far as brand new technologies go, dual-clutch transmissions are actually fairly reliable and a lot of people use them for a pretty long time without issues.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:10 PM

+1, if you properly service and maintain the car/transmission theres no reason it shouldnt last(like a good ol HONDA), constantly beating on it will take the life away, but MAINTENANCE MAINTENANCE MAINTENANCE!
Old 01-29-2014, 07:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to Mkid Send a message via MSN to Mkid Send a message via Yahoo to Mkid

I'd also like to add that the majority of SST issues seem to center around the 2009 and 2010 models. Something seems to have changed mid 2010 but no one knows what and Mitsubishi/Getrag seems to be keeping quiet so they don't have to issue a recall.

Either way, your newer model should have a sturdier SST
D2 RS Coilovers
Evo X FMIC
Ultimate Racing turbo-back
400HP clutches from Jack's
AEM Intake

My Car Thread

From Florida? Click here!
Old 01-29-2014, 08:40 AM

Wooot thanks guys. Dumb question I have a service in 4000 miles ... Every service I need to do will tell me correct. . Ie trans flush.. so just oil changes and such is what I need to take care of.
Old 01-29-2014, 09:52 AM

No, that service reminder can be programmed to go off at whatever interval, so it does not pair up with a specific service item. Look at your owners manual and go off of that.
Old 01-29-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester57 View Post
Wooot thanks guys. Dumb question I have a service in 4000 miles ... Every service I need to do will tell me correct. . Ie trans flush.. so just oil changes and such is what I need to take care of.
I would change engine oil as soon as you buy the car.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 02-01-2014, 02:32 PM

I have a 2010 and it is coming up to 25k soon. Only mods I have atm is K&N drop in air filter, Turbo Smart BOV, Boost Pill, and GST Tune. I have not had any issues with the transmission and have yet to do the trans fluid/filter change. It is my daily driver so I do not beat on it that often.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:55 PM

I change SST fluid every 18k miles. its significantly before 'recommended' intervals, but she drives better after each time. I also don't drive it hard 99.96% of the time