ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 05-24-2010, 04:25 PM

An Evo X = "TheBlackMonstrocity"

A Ralliart = "TheBlackBeast"
Old 05-24-2010, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorro View Post
10 mins with a screwdriver and knife and I still can't get the RCA/Phono bit out. Have tried prising it outwards and/or upwards, and it won't budge...

Any tips anyone?
I'm pretty sure you need to remove the entire piece of plastic that runs from the Armrest Compartment all the way up to the A/C controls. Here is the closest pic I could find. It's not of the original '10 unit, but an interior upgrade for an '09 to look like the '10. The next two screws are seen above the A/C controls. Has anyone removed this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg evox2010consoleparts.jpg (118.7 KB, 21 views)
Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerep85 View Post
an evo x = "theblackmonstrocity"

a ralliart = "theblackbeast"
+1

Old 05-25-2010, 10:04 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thescherz View Post
I'm pretty sure you need to remove the entire piece of plastic that runs from the Armrest Compartment all the way up to the A/C controls. Here is the closest pic I could find. It's not of the original '10 unit, but an interior upgrade for an '09 to look like the '10. The next two screws are seen above the A/C controls. Has anyone removed this?
If I get one cheap enough I can do it, Its not hard. to reach the hidden screws you'll probably have to remove the seats. You'll probably have to remove the dashboard or might be able to get to it from glove compartment or passenger side from the look of the two tabs for screw/bolt holes above HVAC trim.
those are probably holding on to something else.
Im just guessing here but it shouldnt be too hard to figure it out.

It sho look nice with lid for the cup holders too & chrome trimmings...

Last edited by MTZL; 05-25-2010 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:46 PM

I figured it out but went a different route. I followed a tutorial for removing the entire CD player to gain access to the back of the cubbie. From the rear of the RCA/AUX, you need to squeeze the top and bottom of the unit, and then it can be pushed through the front of the cubbie. Remove the small wiring clip, then reattach the clip with the RCA/AUX behind the cubbie. I used electrical tape to secure the RCA/AUX unit to some other wiring harnesses below the CD deck so it is now out of sight.

How to pics (for removing the CD player only) are on page 1 and a video on page 3 of this forum.

Removing the Air Bag/Hazard unit is not necessary by the way. It was as easy (and scary) removing the carbon fiber and CD face as mentioned in the thread.

Mine doesn’t look pretty yet, as I have to figure out how to fabricate a custom piece of plastic to cover the gap where the AUX input use to be. I’ll post another pic when I clean up the gap. But for now, as seen in my pic, I can close my cubbie door with my iPod connected.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (105.0 KB, 23 views)