ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tech Talk and Power Mods
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2013, 07:27 PM

Default Response from the Dealership

Hey guys,
I went to the dealership today and spoke to the guy there who is the middle man and he said as long as i dont mess with the turbo, tranny, cats, and engine internals. the rest is free game!

this kids a happy camper now haha
Old 08-09-2013, 10:33 AM

Get that in writing...
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade
Old 08-13-2013, 01:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarlucci View Post
Hey guys,
I went to the dealership today and spoke to the guy there who is the middle man and he said as long as i dont mess with the turbo, tranny, cats, and engine internals. the rest is free game!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprydation View Post
Get that in writing...
^ You won't be a happy camper when something goes wrong, you take it in, and they screw you over an intake.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarlucci View Post
Hey guys,

So, a couple of things:

1). Go on any auto forum on the internet. This question has been beaten to death on them all. The answer is always the same. "Ask your dealer." "Nothing is safe." etc. are all correct responses. If you modify ANYTHING and a failure occurs that is even nuclear bomb range away from said modified part, a process begins at Mitsubishi. If it is something simple like a bearing or an exhaust hanger, they will MORE THAN LIKELY cover it under warranty. However, if it is your transmission, and you exceed a certain dollar amount on replacement OR take a rental car (this is VERY important, never EVER agree to take a loaner or rental car), then a regional service representative may be called. In the case of a loaner car, they are supposedly always called. If that happens, whatever you were told flies right out the window. At that point, you have a 90% chance of paying out of pocket.

2). 20% of everything that you spend on modification (the dollar amount) should be put into savings. If you spend $5k on parts for an engine build, put at least $1k into a "shit happens" account. Stuff will break. My list of broken crap is several thousand dollars long.

That being said, good luck. Enjoy the RA.
Old 08-13-2013, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treyzian View Post
^ You won't be a happy camper when something goes wrong, you take it in, and they screw you over an intake.
There is a "black box" in the car that records all kinds of data. It isn't literally a black box, but the function is the same. If you install an intake and go lean, even a few times, they will know it and void the warranty if something breaks. There are many more things that can be pulled from the car's computer. Once you learn how all the tables and trims work in the ECU, it becomes obvious how certain things can be detected. There is no way around this.

Also, be warned, a COBB AP does NOT reset the "flash counter" in the computer. Every tech I have ever talked to knows about the AP. This information is right from Mitsubishi. There doesn't appear to be anything special about that thing, anyways, so I believe this to be true.
Old 08-13-2013, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
There is a "black box" in the car that records all kinds of data. It isn't literally a black box, but the function is the same. If you install an intake and go lean, even a few times, they will know it and void the warranty if something breaks. There are many more things that can be pulled from the car's computer. Once you learn how all the tables and trims work in the ECU, it becomes obvious how certain things can be detected. There is no way around this.

Also, be warned, a COBB AP does NOT reset the "flash counter" in the computer. Every tech I have ever talked to knows about the AP. This information is right from Mitsubishi. There doesn't appear to be anything special about that thing, anyways, so I believe this to be true.
Yeah, i spoke to the mechanic about an AP tuner and he said that as well. you can get away with it as long as the damage doesnt cost over $1,000 he said. They have to report the numbers and data they see on the machine to Mitsu, and if they get caught covering it for you they lose their job, which is the last thing i want to happen. I did get them to write it down on a piece of paper when i went, and i had their tranny technician sign it as well as their middle man just to cover my own ass lol
Old 08-14-2013, 07:49 PM

Does anyone have info on the drivetrain warranty?

Been having a strange knock down by the gas pedal ONLY at ignition start up. Had caused no issues in shifting, boost, power, etc.

It's just a strange noise that almost sounds like the downpipe is hitting something at start up. Tuning shop (well known for engine builds, swaps, drag/drift race alignments, and more) think it could be something with the transmission engaging?

Thinking about taking it to Mitsu, but I am tuned so that probably would throw it out the window I assume.

^click sig for Fred's Ralliart Build^
Old 08-15-2013, 08:07 AM

Return to stock.
Evo X FMIC | MAP UICP | Evo X LICP | Evo X BPV | AEM Intake | AMS Boost Pill | GST Basemap Tuned by Razorlabs | RRM GRIP Springs | Oil Catch Tank | Agency Power Downpipe | Avid1 18x9 +35 Wheels | Project Kics R28 Lugs | AMS 3" Resonated Test Pipe | Ultimate Racing 3" Dual-Tip Catback | Zeitronix ZT-2 + ZR-2 Wideband/Boost gauge | Tomei Oil Cap | CF Engine Cover | CF Hood Struts | HKS Radiator Cap | Coming Soon: Evo X turbo upgrade

Tags
mods, power, tuning