ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Drivetrain
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2010, 09:47 AM

Lightbulb tranny questions?

Hey guys,
I like everyone that has staged to long, have gotten the limp mode, "slow down" warning. I personaly do not know enough about this trans to talk to techincally about it but heres my question i just dreamed up sitting at work...
So everyone says the trans will hold roughly 300hp before it starts slipping and whatnot, Will adding a a trans cooler beef this up at all? i am wanting to get around 290hp when I am done with the car, butnot only would the trans cooler help launching, I wounder if it will help my trans last longer and hold up to more power? I live in Arkansas where it is very humid and moderatly hot if this has anything to do with it. any help or thoughts or ideals would be great!
Thanks !
Old 06-13-2010, 10:10 AM

I believe you are talking about two separate issues. One is keeping the trans cool, and yes a trans cooler will help. I believe RRE has a good reasonably priced one. The other issue is the clamping power. That's where 300tq comes into play. For that you will need an upgraded clutch-pac. I'm sure RRE or some other vendor can supply that. Anyway there are much better informed people here who can get into the specifics.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 PM

Ok, I was not sure if that would give me more room to play with or not! what kit does rre offer and pricing for trans cooler?
Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
Super Moderator

call them up.
Old 06-16-2010, 01:51 AM

Rre ftw!!!
Old 06-28-2010, 08:16 AM

Isn't the tq clamp load 330 then slip? And hp is in the high 300's before slip...
Old 01-28-2013, 05:45 AM

Did a quick search and this thread was the closest fit. I am going to be adding a second trans cooler on the crash bar and new cooler will have -10 AN fittings so aprox 5/8" inside diameter. My question is and where I need help is after pulling off one hose of the stock trans cooler.

What size are the fittings on the stock cooler and what ends are on the stock cooler hoses and what fittings do I need to buy to connect the -10 AN hoses to one side of the stock cooler and the one disconnected hose? I want to have all the parts needed prior to draining the fluid from the tranmission.

Any help would be appreciated!
Old 01-28-2013, 01:32 PM

There are threads on here that were discussed during last year about how much power the SST tranny can take it can take up to 350 wtq and closed to 400whp if I remember correctly. Anything past that and you will either need to upgrade the clutchpacks or by a new tranny. But do a quick search the info will pop up.
Injen SRI, UR UICP & LICP, UR 4.5 IC, COBB AP custome stg 2 tune, 3in TBE, Whiteline front strut bar, RRM rear strut bar, tint, roof spoiler, 2.5 turbo compressor outlet pipe, AMS BOV, AMS Boost Pill, TWE Catch Can, Megan Racing Coil Overs

Future Engine and Tranny Mods:
Water Meth Kit
SSP Oil Cooler
Fan for Stock Trans Cooler w/ washable filter

Future Suspension Mods:
Sway Bars
Rear Diff Bushing Kit
Cusco 4 or 5 pt Brace
Front Cross Member
Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM

Jackal revives an old by asking a different question and RALM answers the question from the OP!

@Jackal i think that question deserves a new topic. I don't think anything on the fittings/hoses has been discussed (On this forum).

@RALM LOL comedy

zeRep
Old 01-28-2013, 05:58 PM

Sorry just did not want to needlessly create new random threads. After doing several searches using different keywords and combinations and running new searches there did not seem to be a thread directly related other than the one where Mike from RRE linked some pics to their dual cooler setup.

I need to figure out what fittings to make this work, before I start pulling stuff apart.