ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 12-20-2010, 12:10 PM

You dont need a roll cage for better harnesses.

One option is for just a rear 4 point roll bar. You can wrap full race harnesses to that. But you completely lose use if the rear seat. If you are doing track days, you cant put much back there now to go to the track. Tires and fuel jugs no longer fit in the back.

Some companies also make a harness bar. It bolts to the B pillar, runs across the back of the front seats and also has reinforcements down to the floor. That makes a nice place to connect full race harnesses to. But if anyone rode in the back seat they would die horribly in an accident with a face full of harness bar.

The best solution for a daily driver that needs better belts is to use the Schroth Rally-4 belts. They are a 4 point belt with a normal style buckle. They are street legal unlike a race 4 or 5 point harness. There is a buckle that disconnects behind the seat. When not in use you still have full use of the back seat. The stock seatbelts all stay installed.

In use:

Old 12-20-2010, 12:10 PM

When not in use:

We sell these Schroth belts for $155 per seat.

Mike W
Old 12-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

You know I have been to your RRE website many times I didnt see that in your product list...
I can do website web pages..maybe I will take the liberty to redo your website when I have some spare time.
Nice setup for when I get some recaros.
Old 12-20-2010, 12:28 PM
Super Moderator

I remember vaguely about some track events doesnt allow bolt on roll cages.
It has to be welded, right? Mike? Sry dont know the rules & I have limited experience at the track & its rules..
Old 12-20-2010, 02:34 PM

i dont have recaros so that's why i wanted the bar would it work on the regular seats with that harness?
Old 12-20-2010, 08:40 PM

Been a while since I have seen a non-Recaro RalliArt seat. Got a pic? They work on 2G Eclipse seat that looks like this:

Mike W
Old 12-21-2010, 12:24 AM

Awesome alternative for belt mounting!

[QUOTE=MikeW-RRE;11005]You dont need a roll cage for better harnesses.

One option is for just a rear 4 point roll bar. You can wrap full race harnesses to that. But you completely lose use if the rear seat. If you are doing track days, you cant put much back there now to go to the track. Tires and fuel jugs no longer fit in the back.

Some companies also make a harness bar. It bolts to the B pillar, runs across the back of the front seats and also has reinforcements down to the floor. That makes a nice place to connect full race harnesses to. But if anyone rode in the back seat they would die horribly in an accident with a face full of harness bar.

The best solution for a daily driver that needs better belts is to use the Schroth Rally-4 belts. They are a 4 point belt with a normal style buckle. They are street legal unlike a race 4 or 5 point harness. There is a buckle that disconnects behind the seat. When not in use you still have full use of the back seat. The stock seatbelts all stay installed.
Old 12-21-2010, 12:32 AM

btw Mike (RRE) your cage build looks awesome. I'm not close enough to have one built by you but I think I'll start with your belts in the mean time. Will Call your shop after the Holidays.
Thanks
Old 12-22-2010, 10:39 AM

link to those belts?

and iv bin reading people are like oo if you have those belts and crash or something the angle on them is bad and you will break your neck or something is that true?
Old 12-25-2010, 12:24 AM

if you are wearing these belts, then you really should be using a HANS device in addition to your helmut. It's is a few bucks for it but its the Right thing to do. I have a carbon fiber HANS, its uncomfortable but light and you will get use to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vplukas101 View Post
link to those belts?

and iv bin reading people are like oo if you have those belts and crash or something the angle on them is bad and you will break your neck or something is that true?

Tags
roll cage bar