ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Off-topic

Old 08-10-2010, 06:47 PM

Default The word "RALLIART" is...

Being a noob to the mitsubishi realm, I must say owning this ralliart has been quite an educational experience.

I have heard of how ralliarts of the past were nothing more than a bodykit on a regular lancer with a fancy RA badge (sorry if I offend any past owners).

Admittedly, my first encounter with an RA was a new Galant RA (purchased by a friend) whom I couldn't lose on the highway with my 350z; I'm also pretty pissed that the galant had "Ralliart" badges in the interior and we don't.

The EVO's, STI's and WRX's rep is solid as a rock. The Lancer Ralliart is murky at best. I have yet to see an advertisement on this car and with the "Ralliart" name so mistreated in the United States (overseas is a different story) how did you all come to end up with this vehicle? It felt like a huge risk at the time when I purchased this car...

I'm just curious guys.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator

Its all the fault of the marketing execs.
Its like this
Nissan has Nismo the performance dept of Nissan
Honda has Mugen the performance dept of Honda
Toyota has TRD
& Mitsu has Ralliart but somewhere down the road,
they got confused & started putting Ralliart on everything trying to make a buck from the name "Ralliart". So they put Ralliart badge on Galant to make more sales. Ralliart badge on Colt. Our Lancer Ralliart is also called Galant Fortis. & Ralliart lost its meaning.
To me if they do have Ralliart version it should be their performance flagship ie EVO X Ralliart. Outlander Ralliart & named our Ralliart "Evo for broke people" EVO X RS. & all previous 2007 & older Ralliart were only FWD biggest failure of Mitsu There is nothing Ralli about FWD.
Go figure.

The reasons I picked Lancer Ralliart is,
1. I couldnt afford the EVO X at the time difference between Ralliart & Evo was +10k. Insurance was half the price cheaper
2. First time Lancer Ralliart (2009+) with AWD from EVO IX with ASC & AWC
3. Its got the same engine as EVO X 4b11T
4. Its got a turbo system (which can be replaced with bigger turbo)
5. 0% APR with Monthly payments cheaper than my 2000 Civic (10yrs old)

Last edited by MTZL; 08-11-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:05 AM

people bought this car because true Mitsu heads know this is a baby evo MR.

welcome to the brand. youll never go back to nissan. Sold my Z too
Old 08-11-2010, 10:55 AM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralliart

I'll post more later...
Old 08-11-2010, 11:13 AM

Also, the Galant VR4 was used in rally racing back when it had a turbo charged, AWD system. It ran under the ralliart banner at times. The Galant was originally intended to showcase the latest tech mitsu had to offer. Somewhere along the lines I think that changed over to the evolution.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galant_vr4
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubi...ncer_Evolution
Old 08-11-2010, 11:21 AM

I ended up with this car as a result of a few things. After about 6-8 test runs in different cars at South Coast Mitsu with Sam (smash), I settled on the ralliart. I drove evo 9 gsr & mr, evo x gsr & mr, ralliart stock and ralliart modified by muellerized/rre. I realized how close in handling/power performance the modified ralliart was to the evo x mr. I was really wanting to go for the evo x mr due to my current lifestyle with family/kids/responsibility. But for more than 10k less, I could have a car pretty much capable to an mr. Even with the HID package (lights/seats/stereo), the tune from muelleried and the tune from RRE, it still was thousands less than an mr plus insurance is less. Also, for all the commuting I do for work, driving an mr would have been really expensive. I put on close to 26k miles in my first year on the ralliart. In the distant future, I will likely own an evo again. Probably an evo 9 rs and mod the hell out of it. But for now, I can have my AWD turbo and eat my cake too.
Old 08-11-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackBeast View Post
I ended up with this car as a result of a few things. After about 6-8 test runs in different cars at South Coast Mitsu with Sam (smash), I settled on the ralliart. I drove evo 9 gsr & mr, evo x gsr & mr, ralliart stock and ralliart modified by muellerized/rre. I realized how close in handling/power performance the modified ralliart was to the evo x mr. I was really wanting to go for the evo x mr due to my current lifestyle with family/kids/responsibility. But for more than 10k less, I could have a car pretty much capable to an mr. Even with the HID package (lights/seats/stereo), the tune from muelleried and the tune from RRE, it still was thousands less than an mr plus insurance is less. Also, for all the commuting I do for work, driving an mr would have been really expensive. I put on close to 26k miles in my first year on the ralliart. In the distant future, I will likely own an evo again. Probably an evo 9 rs and mod the hell out of it. But for now, I can have my AWD turbo and eat my cake too.
+1

Basically the same reason why i bought mine...

I originally was on the market for a subby but it got sold before fully committing. I was also looking at a VW GTI..but goddamn! those EURO cars are EXPENSIVE!!!!!
Old 08-11-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeRep85 View Post
+1

Basically the same reason why i bought mine...

I originally was on the market for a subby but it got sold before fully committing. I was also looking at a VW GTI..but goddamn! those EURO cars are EXPENSIVE!!!!!
+1
Same here!
Old 08-11-2010, 07:41 PM

I also had other cars in mind before jumping on-board with the ralliart. Mainly:

WRX,VW GTI, Mazdaspeed 3

or

EVO, STI, Infiniti G37, Altima coupe 3.5s

I don't have an ounce of regret with my decision. Mainly because the wife can drive the Ralliart as opposed to the majority of my "possibles."

It is an excellent car... quick performance, with an auto tranny for the spouse, exterior is agressive, and it doesn't beat the crap out of you on your daily drive.

My whole "Ralliart" experience was either you hold the brand in high esteem, deem it as laughable, or completely know nothing about it. Also I heard they closed up shop and that Mitsu will continue pushing the banner on. Go mitsu... I hope the badge get's the reputation it deserves here, in the U.S. (this recent iteration of the lancer ralliart is a step in the right direction, I think; I hope they make an eclipse version that can actually compete with other cars in that category) Ralliart seems to have a solid reputation everywhere else.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roversix View Post
I also had other cars in mind before jumping on-board with the ralliart. Mainly:

WRX,VW GTI, Mazdaspeed 3

or

EVO, STI, Infiniti G37, Altima coupe 3.5s

I don't have an ounce of regret with my decision. Mainly because the wife can drive the Ralliart as opposed to the majority of my "possibles."

It is an excellent car... quick performance, with an auto tranny for the spouse, exterior is agressive, and it doesn't beat the crap out of you on your daily drive.

My whole "Ralliart" experience was either you hold the brand in high esteem, deem it as laughable, or completely know nothing about it. Also I heard they closed up shop and that Mitsu will continue pushing the banner on. Go mitsu... I hope the badge get's the reputation it deserves here, in the U.S. (this recent iteration of the lancer ralliart is a step in the right direction, I think; I hope they make an eclipse version that can actually compete with other cars in that category) Ralliart seems to have a solid reputation everywhere else.
ralliart will be phazed out. no more RA anything next generation