ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Off-topic
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Default mY jOB SUX

I was just threaten to be laid off. Man I wanted to leave this place so bad if it wasnt for my car loan & mortgage & other bills.... I would've.

I've been with this company for more than 10yrs going on to 11yrs.
Since I was 18.

I started in Warehouse Assembly & worked my way up to QC & filing.
After a year of working there I was in the office data entry.
First 5 yrs was great, I did all order entry, help in every department that needed help.
I had no problem paying my bills.

After the company fired the receptionist, I was assigned to answer all phone calls within 2nd ring. Also my other duties. I worked my ass off.

Recently things are not going good, I've had to take 10% paycut initially & that turned into 20% to 30% & now 35% wtf!?!?!
They had laid my lil bro that was working with the company for more than 5yrs. Now things are getting harder for the fam & mortgage situations.

To make things worst, The company that used to work with us is going under so the workers wasnt getting paid & they all quit.
Now the company that Im working for wants me to work for that company thats going under without pay.

So basically they want me to work extra hard for no money!
Im so sick & tired of working hard & still broke..

Sometimes I feel like the dude from "Falling Down".
God damn greedy bastards!

Last edited by MTZL; 09-01-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTZL View Post
I was just threaten to be laid off. Man I wanted to leave this place so bad if it wasnt for my car loan & mortgage & other bills.... I would've.

I've been with this company for more than 10yrs going on to 11yrs.
Since I was 18.

I started in Warehouse Assembly & worked my way up to QC & filing.
After a year of working there I was in the office data entry.
First 5 yrs was great, I did all order entry, help in every department that needed help.
I had no problem paying my bills.

After the company fired the receptionist, I was assigned to answer all phone calls within 2nd ring. Also my other duties. I worked my ass off.

Recently things are not going good, I've had to take 10% paycut initially & that turned into 20% to 30% & now 35% wtf!?!?!
They had laid my lil bro that was working with the company for more than 5yrs. Now things are getting harder for the fam & mortgage situations.

To make things worst, The company that used to work with us is going under so the workers wasnt getting paid & they all quit.
Now the company that Im working for wants me to work for that company thats going under without pay.

So basically they want me to work extra hard for no money!
Im so sick & tired of working hard & still broke..

Sometimes I feel like the dude from "Falling Down".
God damn greedy bastards!
dude that suck time to start scouting for a new job!
Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM

damn....sry to hear that...i know in this economy ppl who have a job is literally on thin ice...but now it time to do a quick eval of urself...do you have any specia or technical skills...is so start putting a resume together...i can help if you like...also start looking at different industries...such as healthcare...it's one of those recession proof type of deal...also if you want...its time to go back to school to "upgrade" urself...no matter what start have a plan b and look further down the road...cuz f@ck the loyalty to the company cuz when $hit happens they will not give a damn about you...once again sry to hear that bro and g/l to you...btw...i was gonna tell you to go for nursing to be like me but I don't know ur up to it...lol...
Old 09-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the input. I feel better after my lunch break/ Smoke break.
I know what I have to do.

Im not a quiter so I wont quit just need to find another job.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RalliNurse View Post
damn....sry to hear that...i know in this economy ppl who have a job is literally on thin ice...but now it time to do a quick eval of urself...do you have any specia or technical skills...is so start putting a resume together...i can help if you like...also start looking at different industries...such as healthcare...it's one of those recession proof type of deal...also if you want...its time to go back to school to "upgrade" urself...no matter what start have a plan b and look further down the road...cuz f@ck the loyalty to the company cuz when $hit happens they will not give a damn about you...once again sry to hear that bro and g/l to you...btw...i was gonna tell you to go for nursing to be like me but I don't know ur up to it...lol...
I know my cousin is a nurse. He makes more than 4x my salary & he is younger than me.

I tried going back to school but I didnt qualify for any aid programs.

I want to go back to school & learn some thing new but
School cost more than the car & I can barely make payments for the car now...Sometimes my priorities are screw'd up, I know. School > car

I was taking a few classes with my full-time job as schedule permits.
Schedules wasn't as easy as I had thought. I took paycuts & couldnt afford school anymore. Back to vicious cycle.

I know Im more than capable of acquiring new skills & you're right the company forgets all the sacrifice I've made for them. Its their lost.
They gonna need more than three people to do what I've been doing for them.
Old 09-01-2010, 04:56 PM

...i feel you brother...

I do A LOT of MISC SHIT around at my work....Ive thought about quitting too and school...but like you said...it isn't as easy as it seems...

Im just hoping for the best.
Old 09-01-2010, 05:14 PM

well...fuck the aid...unless ur welfare recepient then u'll get it...i know i've been there...ur best option now is get into a private school for LVN...it's about 11 to 13 month program that'll get you started at least...but as far as schedule goes...well see if any of those schools offers night class...but at least you have options...i know money is tight for everyone nowadays...but I do hate to see ppl lost there shit they work so hard for...especially our RAs ...but hey...i wish you the best though...keep yo head up son!
Old 09-01-2010, 08:31 PM

Sux indeed. sorry bro! hang in there though. the company i worked for did almost the same thing to the accountant and she found a much better job at a medical device company.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:07 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks guys. I have a new perspective now since I now know where I stand at the company. AT THE BOTTOM.
That motivate me to do better.
& I will.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:28 PM

If I was you, I would join LinkedIn and setup your professional profile and start looking for work. You seem to have a lot of skills and that is always something in demand.