ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Forums > 2009+ Lancer Ralliart Tech Talk and Power Mods
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2015, 01:51 PM

Default Anyone running a Mishimoto Intercooler

Could anyone running a Mishimoto intercooler please chime in on the fitment, quality, and performance...

The part number I am interested in is MMINT-EVO-10

Looks like a good buy for only $420 with free shipping.
Old 06-23-2015, 06:36 PM

So I decided to pull the trigger and pick up the Mishimoto intercooler. $420 with free shipping. Each intercooler has a unique serial number and Mishimoto offers a no questions asked lifetime warranty on the intercoolers. I am just waiting on my Ultimate Racing LICP kit which should be here by Friday. I am planning on doing the install this weekend and will post some pictures of the install. I feel confident doing the install from some of the great articles I have found on these forums and also this youtube video gives a good overview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kit45LzGObw

I also attached a quick picture after I just opened it up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg intercooler.jpg (116.4 KB, 14 views)
Old 06-27-2015, 03:39 PM

Talking

So I started the install of the Mishimoto intercooler and lower intercooler pipe kit from Ultimate Racing around 9:30 A.M. today.

I was completely done by 1:30 P.M. with everything put back together and prior test run done with the bumper off.

Some comments I have about the install are as follows:

1. Bumper removal - I was worried about this part the most but it was very easy and took about half an hour.

2. Mishimoto Intercooler - Intercooler was direct fit, did not have any issues getting it into place.

3. UR Upper Intercooler Pipe Kit - Bolted right onto the Mishimoto Intercooler without any problems.

4. UR Lower Intercooler Pipe Kit - This my friends was the worst part.... I am sure all LICP kits are the same. Very difficult and time consuming to get the pipes lined up on the bottom of the intercooler and upper throttle body. I would say 50% of my total time was spent on the lower intercooler pipe kit. None the less, it is done and I do not have to worry about it.

5. Aftermath - Couple things I definitely see improvements on, #1 throttle response, definitely feel a difference. #2 Power, butt dyno approves. #3 No Heat Soak, pulls are consistent. #4 MPG, I swear they went up... Driving normally I am at 31, compared to before I was at like 25-27.

Conclusion - Now it is time for a bigger turbo
Old 06-27-2015, 05:17 PM

nice. good info
Old 06-28-2015, 09:23 PM

Too bad I just saw this topic.

I have also installed this intercooler at the beggining of the month. However, I'm still running stock pipes (I've just bought both LICP and UICP though).

After instalatino, my tuner was able to get 16 whp more than with the stock IC. The difference between their sizes, as you must have realized, is huge!! Double as tall, much larger and much thicker. Nice upgrade.

Hopefully with both new pipes I can get even a better power response. The LICP specially is known for its strict area.

Ps. I only had a minor problem with the stock hoses for the pipes. Changed them both.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caduprado View Post
Too bad I just saw this topic.

I have also installed this intercooler at the beggining of the month. However, I'm still running stock pipes (I've just bought both LICP and UICP though).

After instalatino, my tuner was able to get 16 whp more than with the stock IC. The difference between their sizes, as you must have realized, is huge!! Double as tall, much larger and much thicker. Nice upgrade.

Hopefully with both new pipes I can get even a better power response. The LICP specially is known for its strict area.

Ps. I only had a minor problem with the stock hoses for the pipes. Changed them both.
Nice! Yes, for the price I am impressed with the quality of the intercooler. Right now I am running the GST 93 octane, AEM Intake, TBE, Boost Pill tune. I am trying to get my hands on a CBRD RAD Lite turbo from a member. Low mileage with approx 8k on stock core. Once I get this, I am going to have it installed and tuned. Should be close to the 300HP/TQ goal after this.

I have most of the bolt ons now:
AEM Intake
UR UICP
UR LICP
Mishimoto Intercooler
UR short down pipe
UR high flow cat
Turbo XS cat-back
Boost Pill
Old 06-29-2015, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
Nice! Yes, for the price I am impressed with the quality of the intercooler. Right now I am running the GST 93 octane, AEM Intake, TBE, Boost Pill tune. I am trying to get my hands on a CBRD RAD Lite turbo from a member. Low mileage with approx 8k on stock core. Once I get this, I am going to have it installed and tuned. Should be close to the 300HP/TQ goal after this.

I have most of the bolt ons now:
AEM Intake
UR UICP
UR LICP
Mishimoto Intercooler
UR short down pipe
UR high flow cat
Turbo XS cat-back
Boost Pill
Very nice! I almost had the opportunity to get the CBRD lite too, but there was another guy in line that got it from the seller first.

It should be a very nice upgrade, hope you get it. From what I've been told (maybe you could confirm it) it provides as much (if not a little more) power as the EvoX OEM turbo with a faster response/less lag, which should be amazing!

In your case, as you already have changed your downpipe once, it's definitely the best turbo upgrade... I wouldn't want to change the DP once again in order to fit an evo x oem/aftermarket turbo.

Unfortunately for me, I don't think I'll be upgrading my turbo in the foreseeable future, as I would have to change header, downpipe, O2 Housing and the turbo itself, and don't have the money for it now.

But I'm very happy with my car right now, it's just that it is an addiction to keep upgrading it! lol

Little offtopic - the boost pill.. in your case, is it worth to upgrade to a 3-port EBCS or is it just as good?
Old 07-04-2015, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caduprado View Post
Very nice! I almost had the opportunity to get the CBRD lite too, but there was another guy in line that got it from the seller first.

It should be a very nice upgrade, hope you get it. From what I've been told (maybe you could confirm it) it provides as much (if not a little more) power as the EvoX OEM turbo with a faster response/less lag, which should be amazing!

In your case, as you already have changed your downpipe once, it's definitely the best turbo upgrade... I wouldn't want to change the DP once again in order to fit an evo x oem/aftermarket turbo.

Unfortunately for me, I don't think I'll be upgrading my turbo in the foreseeable future, as I would have to change header, downpipe, O2 Housing and the turbo itself, and don't have the money for it now.

But I'm very happy with my car right now, it's just that it is an addiction to keep upgrading it! lol

Little offtopic - the boost pill.. in your case, is it worth to upgrade to a 3-port EBCS or is it just as good?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8heacKLNYuw
What ya think not bad for base GST tune. CBRD RAD Lite to come and custom tune. Should really open the car up

Sorry for the crappy camera view it was windy. I also am still on my winter tires lol.

Last edited by Ripsco; 07-04-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripsco View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8heacKLNYuw
What ya think not bad for base GST tune. CBRD RAD Lite to come and custom tune. Should really open the car up

Sorry for the crappy camera view it was windy. I also am still on my winter tires lol.
So, did you get the CBRD lite?