ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Off-topic

Old 07-13-2013, 04:34 PM

Default No more Lancers, Subi's or Speed 3's

No point this thread other than seeing what everyone you would realistically pick if there were no more Lancers, Subi's or Speed 3's.

Being a rally fan, I'd pick up an older Audi Quattro or definitely look in putting together a Ford RS200 kit car (About the same as our Ralliart's depending on packages). They aren't the most luxurious cars but I don't think you'd ever not have fun in them.

...In a perfect world I go to the Aston dealership next to do me and pick up a V12 Vantage (Okay, so that isn't realistic)
UR Single Exit Catback
UR Short Ram
TiAL 50mm BOV
Schroth Racing 4-point Harness
Cobb 3-port EBCS
Moore Automotive Tune
Old 07-13-2013, 06:48 PM

Hmmm...interesting...

My other choice would be a Dart...I test drove it with my uncle...neat lil car...reminded me my old 2000 Neon...

Phase 1
[X] Cosworth Drop-In
[X] UR Full Catback Exhaust
[X] UR Upper ICP
[X] UR Lower ICP
[X] Evo X FMIC
[X] Evo X BOV

Phase 2 - Breaks
Old 07-14-2013, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
No point this thread other than seeing what everyone you would realistically pick if there were no more Lancers, Subi's or Speed 3's.

Being a rally fan, I'd pick up an older Audi Quattro or definitely look in putting together a Ford RS200 kit car (About the same as our Ralliart's depending on packages). They aren't the most luxurious cars but I don't think you'd ever not have fun in them.

...In a perfect world I go to the Aston dealership next to do me and pick up a V12 Vantage (Okay, so that isn't realistic)
Ford? Ouch I wouldn't touch anything that has to do with Ford especially the modern Ford lol unless its muscle car classics. I would go with old school Lancia Delta.

And in a perfect world that I wish was a reality I would gladly take Mclaren mp4-12c!
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 07-14-2013, 05:50 PM

Honestly theres many cars im looking at purchasing as it is =P but if you were talking about replacing mine with something similar as in sporty sedan then i would probably go with an Acura TL, Although im loving all of the new acura's. Prolly choose one with their SH-AWD. the new IS looks incredible but seems to lack the speed. Hard to find something in our current price range with the closeness to power.
X IC Swap
UR UICP
UR LICP
X BPV
AMS HFC
UR Exhaust w Custom midpipe
Old 08-18-2013, 12:33 PM

I have wanted a Nissan GT-R since 1999, but there is no way I could afford that.

I suppose I would get a VW GTI or Jetta GLI.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:45 PM

350Z NISMO or CTS-V
Old 08-18-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
350Z NISMO or CTS-V
I love CTS-V, they look very proper. Not a fan of 350z though.
RA - Built head - Built SST - ID1000cc - GTX3576R - GSC S2 cams - GSC beehives/Ti retainers - Timing Chain kit - ARP head studs - AMS fuel rail - AMS Widemouth dp - TurboXS exhaust - DrivenFab oil catch can - MAP oil pan - MAP cast manifold - AEM wideband - COBB 3 port EBCS - Tial QRJ - Sakura 3.5 intake - Kozmic Walbro 450 fuel pump - Depo Racing fmic/licp - TS engine/exhaust mounts - Cusco bar - D2 RS coil - Megan Racing control arms/toe - Whiteline sway bars - Brembo 6 piston

Tuned by TJ
Old 08-18-2013, 03:52 PM

Does this count? Been wanting one for years....
Old 08-18-2013, 04:02 PM

Definitely a Scion FR-S. It's really the only other car in that price range that I have any interest in. I figured it would be my next car if anything were to happen to my Ralliart, God forbid. Unfortunately, my brother just got one and changed his color choice at the last second to the color I'd want too. So then I'd have an identical car -_-
Old 08-18-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iralli_iskustvo View Post
I love CTS-V, they look very proper. Not a fan of 350z though.
The TRUE NISMO 350Z had a few things that you will never see again on a car within grenade range of its price tag. It is for that reason that I would have one.

I agree with the above poster, though. I like the FR-S as well. We have one locally that is currently supercharged but is going to be turbocharged (this week, I think). After that happens, I will make my final decision. The motor is unusually strong with that one. There are still a few things to work out, but the F-series motor seems to be getting some love.