ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 07-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Regional Moderator

EVO x Intercooler, EVO x turbo, and an E85 setup will get you there. Cbrd should spool quicker, but the x turbo will be much cheaper, and should get you similar numbers..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 07-29-2014, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markspd6 View Post
EVO x Intercooler, EVO x turbo, and an E85 setup will get you there. Cbrd should spool quicker, but the x turbo will be much cheaper, and should get you similar numbers..
But to use the x turbo won't you spend about the same if not more to get the rest of the stuff needed to proprly hook it up to the ralliart? I thought I read somewhere on here that to do it properly it would cost about $2000 with a used turbo. If you go cbrd light it's only like $900 and cbrd full I think is around $1500 and will just bolt in the stock ralliart. O mean of course you'll still need to upgrade fuel and all but that u would have to do with the x turbo also
Old 07-29-2014, 10:39 AM
Regional Moderator

You can find the evo stuff fairly easily and cheap used. You should be able to buy a complete x turbo setup(turbo, mani, DP) for $500-$700. And with that deal, you can sell your stocker or have two setups, the cbrd requires your core, or another one to build.. And its over $900 plus shipping both ways.. So, it kinda depends on your needs and finances.. Nothing wrong with going CBRD..

minimal partial rolls $60(no tab grinding)

So cal fender roller rental $10 per day(3 day min) with $200 cash deposit. Includes Eastwood fender roller, heat gun and heavyweight carry bag.
Old 07-29-2014, 02:38 PM

Was just trying to get a better point of refrence. I dont even have a ralliart yet. I just figured buying the cbrd turbo and injectors would be easier and more of a boot on then the x swap. Any ideas what a straight x swap would net hp wise with just some mild tunning? I just like having a plan of attack. I figured when ever I do get my ralliart I would do k&n drop in bost pill and gst tune. Then evo front mount licp, uicp. Then do cat back exhaust (probably UR). Then decide if I would stay with a cbrd turbo upgrade or do x swap then buy the UR down pipe, resonator and mini muffler to complete the tbe. I was thinking cbrd and then just get the AMS transmission cooler and oil pan with the extra oil capacity to take care of transmission. I figured if I go x swap then I would probably hafe to go deeper into transmission upgrades.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:31 AM

Send a message via AIM to Rralliart09

CBRD RAD Full $1200 and a tune and you'll be at 300awhp+ I'd recommend the ETS IC (3" would be more than enough) and upper pipe, Evo X BPV, Evo X LICP, EBCS of your choosing, full TBE w/HFC or test pipe, and most importantly (and overlooked) is boost and logable AFR gauges to monitor everything.
S-Sport and Launch Control
ETS 3" FMIC and UICP
Custom 2.5" TBE exhaust W/HFC dual Magnaflows 4" tips
R1 Concepts premium slotted rotors w/Stoptech pads
Prosport 60mm Premium boost gauge
Prosport 52mm Digital AFR gauge
Perrin column mount dual gauge pod
Blox Racing 490 shift knob in gunmetal W/Reverse Lockout Adapter
Sparco Assetto Gara 18x8 with Nitto NT555 235/40-18

"I ruin dreams all the time" -Markspd6
Old 09-06-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrally85 View Post
So let's say I want closer to 300whp, which sounds like the neighborhood of 350hp at the crank, how would I achieve that kind of power? Also, from what I've read we start to risk the longevity of the SST when we start pushing more than 300 ft/lbs of torque, is that right?
I drive a 2011 Evo X MR and was pushing 330awtq on the stock clutch packs. Rule of them is not to exceed ~350-370awhp before getting slippage. Tons of good info on the SST boards on evolutionm or evox. Worth a look.

I recently upgraded my clutch packs with Kozmic in Houston. They have some options that are much less expensive than you might think. I paid more in labor to drop the trans, ship the basket, and re-install the trans than I paid for parts. Keep in mind you will need an SST tune afterwards, and it isn't easy finding someone competent at this.

I've got a stock Evo X turbo and exhaust manifold for sale right now. If you want both, I could make you a deal. See my post in the private classifieds.
Old 09-07-2014, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to Rralliart09

Quote:
Originally Posted by galownia View Post
I drive a 2011 Evo X MR and was pushing 330awtq on the stock clutch packs. Rule of them is not to exceed ~350-370awhp before getting slippage. Tons of good info on the SST boards on evolutionm or evox. Worth a look.

I recently upgraded my clutch packs with Kozmic in Houston. They have some options that are much less expensive than you might think. I paid more in labor to drop the trans, ship the basket, and re-install the trans than I paid for parts. Keep in mind you will need an SST tune afterwards, and it isn't easy finding someone competent at this.

I've got a stock Evo X turbo and exhaust manifold for sale right now. If you want both, I could make you a deal. See my post in the private classifieds.
If you're just replacing the clutch packs why would you need a tune? At most all you'd need is to do the "Teach In" via a Tactrix cable and the Passtrough Can which you can download off EvoM.
S-Sport and Launch Control
ETS 3" FMIC and UICP
Custom 2.5" TBE exhaust W/HFC dual Magnaflows 4" tips
R1 Concepts premium slotted rotors w/Stoptech pads
Prosport 60mm Premium boost gauge
Prosport 52mm Digital AFR gauge
Perrin column mount dual gauge pod
Blox Racing 490 shift knob in gunmetal W/Reverse Lockout Adapter
Sparco Assetto Gara 18x8 with Nitto NT555 235/40-18

"I ruin dreams all the time" -Markspd6
Old 09-11-2014, 07:47 AM

Not sure re-learn is enough. Kozmic recommends a tune. I also added about 70whp at the same time (bigger turbo, supporting mods, etc) and wanted to better match shift characteristics with the power.

Jonathan