ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Off-topic

Old 03-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Well that's when you get her in the car and take her for a drive
Old 03-19-2012, 06:04 PM

I never drive when going out, anymore. After the RA got destroyed, it just isn't worth it.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA View Post
My Eclipse convertible was my girl car.
No offense, because I have owned two 2g DSMs, both over 300awhp, but you don't get much more "girl car" than an eclipse convertible, because that is all that I see driving them....lols...

Honestly, I call my car by two names....The RalliArt and the Lancer. The Lancer has a pretty proud heritage, and I wouldn't dismiss it. A Hennesey Viper is still a Viper, and not offensive to call it such. I have no problem with people calling my car a Lancer. It is a Lancer Ralliart. I'm sure Mustang GT drivers don't get offended when their cars are called Mustangs.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
No offense, because I have owned two 2g DSMs, both over 300awhp, but you don't get much more "girl car" than an eclipse convertible, because that is all that I see driving them....lols...
O rly?

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...n-eclipse.html
Old 03-19-2012, 06:46 PM

Dude, you just SUPPORTED my argument. Car you posted is no more convertible than my 3 mitsus..lol. Not saying there aren't hawt ones out there, but most eclipse convertibles are known for synchronizing oil changes with gyno appointments...
Old 03-19-2012, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
Dude, you just SUPPORTED my argument. Car you posted is no more convertible than my 3 mitsus..lol. Not saying there aren't hawt ones out there, but most eclipse convertibles are known for synchronizing oil changes with gyno appointments...
The point of that thread is that there are AWD 3G's. It is just as easy to do that with a regular 3G as opposed to a Spyder. That would be a sweet convertible. They look really sick when done correctly.

For instance:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...ts-spyder.html
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM

Mine was an all black Spyder, as well. Now, imagine if I were to use an Outlander Automatic transmission to make that AWD with 2G and Evolution VIII components. It would be...the greatest convertible...ever.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The point of that thread is that there are AWD 3G's. It is just as easy to do that with a regular 3G as opposed to a Spyder. That would be a sweet convertible. They look really sick when done correctly.

For instance:

http://www.club3g.com/forum/members-...ts-spyder.html
I remember the build threads for this and the blue AWD 3G. Two unique cars that no one wanted to replicate. Hell, it takes about $10k just to build the 6G72 up for boost, then you have the trouble of finding a kit that works on the car reliably. I wanted to boost my GT when I had it, but it just wasn't worth in IMO. So it became a daily "show" car.

Then I bought the Ralliart, and suddenly I have the urge to make it more powerful because you can, easily and cheap.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:59 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Mine was an all black Spyder, as well. Now, imagine if I were to use an Outlander Automatic transmission to make that AWD with 2G and Evolution VIII components. It would be...the greatest convertible...ever.
Hmm... apart from the cost of the 3G and the parts, I could see this becoming a reality. You'd have to rebuild the Outlander auto tranny to be able to handle the added power, I highly doubt it's capable of it.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:10 PM

That is why I would buy a GS Spyder if I were to do it again. That is pretty easy to build.