ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 04-13-2012, 06:28 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Plastic polymer front fender panels

(Mitsubishi's recent advances in plastic polymers yielded an extraordinary material with properties that make it ideal for front fender panels. It's strong, yet light, which increases fuel efficiency. It's dent resistant, which comes in handy at the cramped mall parking lot. Best of all, the plastic polymer is made from recycled materials.)
Old 04-13-2012, 06:45 AM

Hmm, are they taking a page from Saturn?

I've heard of issues with plastic panels. Maybe Mitsu has figured out a way to negate them:
http://www.designnews.com/author.asp...dfpLayout=blog
Old 04-13-2012, 08:18 AM

it's not just the fenders. they bombarded us with tidbits at the product training on all the features, and I think I remembered most:

fenders - lightweight but stupidly strong! (seriously you can smack it with a bat and it will be fine). in a real accident, the fenders probably going to get fucked anyway, why use metal?
electric power steering - obviously saves weight, but also is adaptive and really damn good for electric power steering

actually...drawing a blank - thats all I remember for now. been a while since I sold cars think I still have the training manual somewhere
Old 04-13-2012, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, forgot about the electric PS vs mechanical PS.

The PS on the OS was so much better than it was on the Lancer ES. Despite having the same exact drivetrain, the OS makes the Lancer ES feel like a turd, seriously. It's that nice of a feel.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
Ah, forgot about the electric PS vs mechanical PS.

The PS on the OS was so much better than it was on the Lancer ES. Despite having the same exact drivetrain, the OS makes the Lancer ES feel like a turd, seriously. It's that nice of a feel.
that combined with it's size makes it great at parking

- also first telescoping wheel in a Mitsu (finally ffs)
- the projectors are fucking awesome with the extra lens to widen the light broadcast

for people like us who already have their "fast" car, OS is pretty awesome the more and more you look at it. they took all the money that could have went to powertrain and spent it on cool features - exactly what we want when we DONT want to drive our turbocharged machines
Old 04-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator

If I could afford two car notes, I would have bought one, plain and simple. But since I only make $35k a year at my shitty job, plus my high rent because the DC suburb area sucks, and all the other costs, there's no way I could. However, if everything goes well and it get the career I want in July, I'll be making a lot more per year, close to $50k. Then I might consider picking up an OS.
Old 04-13-2012, 01:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exyia View Post
that combined with it's size makes it great at parking

- also first telescoping wheel in a Mitsu (finally ffs)
- the projectors are fucking awesome with the extra lens to widen the light broadcast

for people like us who already have their "fast" car, OS is pretty awesome the more and more you look at it. they took all the money that could have went to powertrain and spent it on cool features - exactly what we want when we DONT want to drive our turbocharged machines
Exactly... I want my fun car to just be fast and fun, no unnecessary bells and whistles. I want to save those for the car I would drive every day to and from work.