ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-13-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
They're good coilovers, but nothing that's track-worthy IMO. I would buy them again, yes, because it fits my application, which is spirited driving on public roads, not using the car on the track.
Agreed. If I could do it again I would get the RAM's w/ inverted strut bodies; or if I was really Baller get the BC ER's with dual adjust-ability and extra reservoirs :drool:
Frank, for DD the BR's will suit your every need. They can be adjusted to literally any ride height you want (the strut body is like 9" worth of usable threading, raise her up 6" and go off-roading if you really want to, lol). I've driven the living piss out of these things on the track and in the canyons. Much to several people's surprise (at RRE) there is no leaking and no corrosion ...to date, this year I'll really be pushing them, lol
Old 03-13-2012, 02:00 PM

Also, Bravo get new springs. I upgraded to Swift Coilover Springs, literally a world of difference in handling characteristics. IMO BC manages to keep their prices low because they offer decently-good valving w/ cheap springs. They are certainly no JRZ's, but then again they are only $1k.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstevojr View Post
Also, Bravo get new springs. I upgraded to Swift Coilover Springs, literally a world of difference in handling characteristics. IMO BC manages to keep their prices low because they offer decently-good valving w/ cheap springs. They are certainly no JRZ's, but then again they are only $1k.
I already did, you know this from EvoM, I bothered the hell out of you in your coilover thread, remember? Lol

I'm actually having them installed tomorrow, along with a few things.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoZero View Post
I already did, you know this from EvoM, I bothered the hell out of you in your coilover thread, remember? Lol

I'm actually having them installed tomorrow, along with a few things.
Oh yes, my bad
That's right, you were wondering what rate I jumped up to.
What all are you getting installed?
My biggest problem with the stock BC springs was:
1) Cornering: the spring rate was not very smooth; rather than progressively getting firmer, it would be flat and them BAM! more spring rate.
2) Rebound: the springs could be very bouncy on the freeway at times.
Also, I had the wrong spring rate to begin with (6/4 instead of 8/6 I had ordered), which only made things worse.
I couldn't be happier now with the Swifts....well maybe if I had rebound adjust-ability as well The Swift's have awesomely progressive build-up in the corners, I know exactly how my car will react now!
Old 03-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Oh yes, my bad
That's right, you were wondering what rate I jumped up to.
What all are you getting installed?
My biggest problem with the stock BC springs was:
1) Cornering: the spring rate was not very smooth; rather than progressively getting firmer, it would be flat and them BAM! more spring rate.
2) Rebound: the springs could be very bouncy on the freeway at times.
Also, I had the wrong spring rate to begin with (6/4 instead of 8/6 I had ordered), which only made things worse.
I couldn't be happier now with the Swifts....well maybe if I had rebound adjust-ability as well The Swift's have awesomely progressive build-up in the corners, I know exactly how my car will react now!
Lol it's all good. I'm having the Swift's installed (8k/6k), realignment and possibly a camber change, AEM boost and AFR gauges, and a HFC, which the wideband sensor will be installed to. I was going to have a UR downpipe installed but I've decided not to. I'll upgrade the downpipe later once I have the X turbo swap done in the future.

I completely agree with the crappy 6/4 springs, they're garbage. I had a lot of bounce on the highway despite changing the dampening settings. It was way too soft as well... saggy would be a term to describe it.

Last edited by BravoZero; 03-13-2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:08 PM

NICE! With the HFC/WB you can start monitoring and tuning the car yourself
Quote:
saggy would be a term to describe it.
No kidding, my rear 4k's were severely distorted from trying to hold up my fat a$$
Old 03-13-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
NICE! With the HFC/WB you can start monitoring and tuning the car yourself

No kidding, my rear 4k's were severely distorted from trying to hold up my fat a$$
Haha, I got up under the car to see what springs were on the rear coilovers, I said "WTF, that doesn't look right". They were completely compressed even when the car was on the ground.

But yea I told myself I wouldn't do anymore modding until I got gauges installed, after a bad situation where I put the stock pill in backwards and had severe overboosting, I was scared shitless. Since then, I rarely go past 3500 RPMs even though everything is installed correctly and all systems are go. Once I get the gauges installed and the GST boost pill reinstalled with the V2.7 TBE flashed, it'll be back to filling up the tank every three days
Old 03-15-2012, 11:45 PM

so do you think i should get the 8k front 6k rear? will that be stiff enough? also maybe not that low but about a finger or two gap between the wheels and fender. or should i go stiffer.... I'm still deciding between these and stance coilovers. Help me decide please!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

Really, it all comes down to trial and error. Because I'm fine with 8/6 doesn't mean you will. But, you may try 10/8 and find it too harsh. That's the beauty about BC's, if I were to do it again I'd order them with 8/6 springs, that way I can go up to 10/8 no problems, no revalving needed. Simply remove dampener from the car, remove the old spring and install the upgraded spring, replace on the car, tweak the dampening settings and you're good to go.
Old 03-16-2012, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator

sstevo, did you notice a difference in height when you had your Swift springs installed? Mine sits up higher now, the guy at the shop said let it settle for a couple of weeks then do a ride height adjustment and alignment.