ClubRalliart.com Your ad here
Old 03-23-2011, 06:52 PM

Default agp intercooler pipes

So ive been looking at different ic pipes and I found AGP.On my srt$ i had agp everything ic pipes intercooler etc..The quality seemed to be good.They make an intercooler kit for the evoX and it only costs like 350.00 for upper and lower.The only problem is that they say the tranny cooler for the sst transmission will get in the way and prevent the pipes from fitting on any sst equiped car.This kit lookes really nice.The lower pipe is all one piece so their is no chance of blowing apart.not to mention super cheap for all the ic pipes.Any ways im rambling.I just wanted to know how hard it would be tto move the tranny cooler
Old 03-23-2011, 07:26 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by caRalliArt View Post
So ive been looking at different ic pipes and I found AGP.On my srt$ i had agp everything ic pipes intercooler etc..The quality seemed to be good.They make an intercooler kit for the evoX and it only costs like 350.00 for upper and lower.The only problem is that they say the tranny cooler for the sst transmission will get in the way and prevent the pipes from fitting on any sst equiped car.This kit lookes really nice.The lower pipe is all one piece so their is no chance of blowing apart.not to mention super cheap for all the ic pipes.Any ways im rambling.I just wanted to know how hard it would be tto move the tranny cooler
So basically... they designed it for the GSR only it seems, which is not good R&D. If you're going to design something for a particular model, unless specified otherwise, you make sure it fits no matter what transmission it has in it.

So if someone wanted to put this on their MR, nonetheless a Ralliart, then they have to remove the transmission cooler? Strange how they're the only ones I know of that have that problem, that's just bad.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:39 PM

But like you said kit was for an Evo X and you own a Ralliart, our engine compartments are laid out a little different. I would advise you simply get a kit that was designed for the Ralliart like from Ultimate Racing or another well known company who has done the R & D so you know it will fit.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:24 PM

Default .

I dont really plan to get the AGP pipes.I am just interested in them.I plan to go with UR.they seem to have nice parts specifically for our cars.But I want to make sure I do all my homework before a purchas.

Last edited by caRalliArt; 03-23-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:40 PM

Default only kit that is gsr specific

Go to www.lancershop.com and look at the intercooler pipes for the evoX.you will see the AGP ic kit and it clearly states that they will not fit on any sst vehicle.I thought it was really weird that no other company says that.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to BravoZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
But like you said kit was for an Evo X and you own a Ralliart, our engine compartments are laid out a little different. I would advise you simply get a kit that was designed for the Ralliart like from Ultimate Racing or another well known company who has done the R & D so you know it will fit.
But in all fairness... there's a big difference between both EVO X models offered here in the states and that would be the transmissions. If one X model has a manual with no transmission cooler, and another one has the SST that requires a transmission cooler, then the owner of the EVO X with the SST is out of luck. If they really built it for the model without the transmission cooler, then they need to simply state "for Evolution X GSR with manual transmission only", otherwise some poor MR owner is going to be happy to get these pipes and then pissed to find out it wasn't made for his car.

Like Jackal said, UR is a very reputable company that sells awesome products, even Greddy and AMS have options.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:22 PM

Default greddy.AMS

I think that AMS and Greddy make good products but it seems like AMS is super expensive.imo way overpriced.UR seems to have quality and good prices.
Old 03-23-2011, 11:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to blkside Send a message via Yahoo to blkside

Bro you are in CA. Why are you not just hitting up RRE and getting it local. Not only will you have support should you need it (something internet companies dont provide) but you are also keeping the industry close to home. Let me remind you guys of something, if you always buy on line then the local tuner shops you use will eventually lose their sales and go out of business.. Who will help you out then.

Im sure whatever you want Mike W. can source and get you straightened out.
Old 03-24-2011, 09:51 AM
Super Moderator

^+1 support your local tuners & shops. Since Mike W is close to you.

Im having a hard time trying to picture LICP that would route all the way back that would require you to remove the SSTF-Cooler.

Did quick search...

Thats the problem(s) diameter of the LICP plus the bend.
I guess it comes with intake that sit where SSTF-Cooler would be.
Old 03-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Send a message via AIM to blkside Send a message via Yahoo to blkside

Why would you want your intake down that low anyway. This isnt a 93 civic hatch looking to get an extra horse. Forget that kit.

This car is turbo and intercooled. Before I put my intake on the ground to collect drist,dust,water or just be a PITA to reach I would upgrade my IC and gain a ton more cooling power over a filter relocation.

Just my .02