ClubRalliart.com Your ad here

Go Back   ClubRalliart.com > Miscellaneous > Cellar
Home Forums Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2011, 10:28 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

Stealership tried to pull the BS story on me that it was a "normal" occurrence and that it would be like that for the first 1000 miles. So they were trying to tell me that compressor surge and my car running hot was normal and after 1000 miles it's going to magically disappear?!

I did take my bov apart to inspect the piston, spring, and o-rings. The piston wasn't looking so good; had some scores on the skirt and was showing signs of wear. The spring was okay, but a replacement wouldn't be a bad idea. The o-rings were cool, but replacement would also be good.

Gonna polish the piston since you can't replace them; they are machined to match the cylinder your bov comes with. Also gonna replace the spring and o-rings. Brenden over at Turbosmart USA is hooking it up for me.

As of now the car is running cool, and it seems to be breaking in nicely. Gonna keep an eye on it and hope for the best.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:05 AM

how are you logging coolant temps?

btw operating temp is 170F, because that is the OEM thermostat setting, not 150 and below.

It's normal to see 200 before the fans kick in and bring it back down. Fans are commanded to full power at 203F.

So seeing 180-200F is normal. If you are sitting at light, 200F is normal, once you start moving it will drop down to 180F ish.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:14 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to wwralliart77

I see, so being in that temp range is considered normal. Guess I could have just pulled up AllData and checked cooling system operating temp on there. I was logging it via a Mishimoto radiator cap with a built in temp gauge that I got through one of my sponsors. I was referring to what the cap indicated as hot, warm, and normal. Thanks for the info Bryan!